Needed! Wind Mitigation Certification For Fl

I’m a FL Certified Residential Contractor and InterNACHI Inspector. I want to become a Certified Wind Mitigation Inspector for Florida. I have received quite a few calls for this service and would like to become certified ASAP. Does anyone have any input for me? I have heard of a 4 hour class if you are already a Certified Residential Contractor which I am, up to an 8 hour course costing $400.00. I can’t seem to find any real answers on the FL web sites.

Thanks in advance to all,


Yes, Contractors Exam School provides a wind mitigation inspection training class that not only certifies you but it is also good for 7 hours of continuing education for contractors including 1 hour for core requirements, its a 1 day class.

And they go over everything you need to know.

Attached please find the flyer with schedule. This week end on Saturday in West Palm, and Sunday in Miami.

Jose’ F. Uz, Ph.D., CRC, CPO, CHI, CHC, M-NFPA, FHA INSP., NACHI Cert ,Fellow of the ABI
Caribbean**[size=3]Realty Support Services, Inc.[/size]**

if you are a fl cert contractor you can sign the wind miti form without any othrt credentials. The form you will need to fill out is the . You must have a CRC,CBC,CGC, or be a licensed architect or engineer in the state of additional certifications are needed

There is a new Four Page form now (12-29-2009)

The last time I checked the MySafeFloridaHome website, the State is no longer certifying Wind Mitigation Inspectors as of June 2009. Has this policy changed? One of my inspectors and I took the course last year and passed the test, but were told that we could not get a certificate because of this new policy. If the State is still certifying people, where should I go to get the certificate number? Thanks!

Free, online, Wind Mitigation course

I need to take the exam for the 16 hours con. ed. When will you get approval? I took the education program but can’t get credit until the exam is posted!!! I know how slow the state of Fl is but Citizens should respond. can I help by calling Fl.?:shock: