New Alberta inspector needs help

I just aced my online proctored exam (yup, it’s a brag) and now I need someone to show me how it’s done in the real world. I’m based in Edmonton but I’m willing to travel for mentorship. I’m willing to pay for mentorship but I generally prefer to wax on and wax off, if you know what I mean. I’m willing to earn my benefits. However, definitely need some guidance before attempting the live inspection exam so I’m not in a position to dictate terms.

I’m a lifelong entrepreneur with sales and marketing skills, a professional computer programmer since 1994 and I’ve been building homes for the last 5 years. I have plenty of skills and experience that could be helpful in any business so I f you know anyone who can help or who I can help in the Edmonton area then please have them call me at 1 (780) 907-3799. Or send me an email at david@dsmatichuk.com.

1 Like

Good luck, David. It’s tough sometimes. I lucked out and found a CMI willing to help out in Grande Prairie, Alberta when I first started.

https://certifiedmasterinspector.org/members

2 Likes

Robert Young @ryoung7 sounds to be just your man!!

3 Likes

I’m prepared to travel a few hundred miles but I think @ryoung7 is a few thousand miles more.

1 Like

Didn’t you always want to be an astronaut?? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yup, I’m hoping for that kind of luck.

2 Likes

Close, I was ready to write my private pilot exam exactly when COVID shut down the exam centers. If I had gone through with it then every cross country trip would have been good for the log books. But that dream is on hold for now so I’m grounded and limited to short trips for now.

2 Likes

Hey David the Alberta chapter of InterNACHI may be a great avenue for the beginning inspector. They offer informative seminars and mock inspection as well as a fellowship of other inspectors.
AlbertaACHI – Committed to the professionalism of the home inspection industry
Good luck