New Attic Storage Space

Roof trusses have been modified to install flooring throughout with Workbench areas and storage shelving.

Curious to see how others would view and report this.

Wow, interesting how creative people can be. I would write it up as structural modifications made to truss roof system. Possible compromise to structure integrity. Recommend further evaluation by a structural engineer.

Roof trusses have been modified to install flooring throughout with Workbench areas and storage shelving. (You said it)

Possible compromise to structure integrity. Recommend further evaluation by a structural engineer. (Roy said it)

Hard to tell from those pics, but it looks like an unusual roof truss system with the double top members/cords. Maybe a site-built truss or braced rafter system?

Did it look like an additional top chord was added? Were there indications that web members were removed (like at the plate connection on the right side of the overall photo) and the knee braces on the left added?

P.S. Is that a shed type roof, or just a large house with what appears to be a wall in the middle (left side of overall photo)?

And or check permits/drawings for engineered modifications.:smiley:

And or check permits/drawings for engineered modifications. (Brian said it)

Hi. Joe H. ;

I can’t open your zip file, and do not know if I have the capacity, if I do, what do I do to open it?

Thanks in advance.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Marcel…you may need an ‘unzipping’ program. There’s a ton of them out there…here’s one: www.pc-shareware.com/dl-unzip.htm . Once you’ve downloaded and installed it then you will simply double-click on a .zip file and it will unzip it and you can see the contents. You can then discard or save the opened files or photos or whatever is was that was zipped.

Thanks Michael B. ;

Download but not tried it yet.

Thanks again.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: