New changes to Wind Mitigation Inspection rules in Florida.

http://www.nachi.org/wind-mitigation-certification-course.htm

Thanks Nick, Keep up the good work.

Now if we can just keep the idiots from doing them for $25.00…:smiley:

*Planet InterNACHI… resistance is futile. * :cool:

Thanks for the info.

But it looks like those proposals don’t do anything for a home inspector. They better come up with a way for inspectors to become MSFH certified without having to go through a frickin WCE.

Greg, read page 4 of **Uniform Verification Mitigation Inspection Form (WORD)

:smiley:

Hey Nick,

My mind must be working a little slow today. How does anything on page four help a NACHI member?

Thanks

A birthday hangover I presume?

And how does one become 'recognized by the insurer"??

Same way we got recognized by the insurers to do 4 Point inspections Four-Point Insurance Inspections - InterNACHI® Our wind mit course will be released soon.

What do you normally charge? My rate is $125

I have had no problems with insureres until recently. Olympus flat out refused NACHI qualifications and People’s First is reviewing.

Email us the contact info for whoever gave you some trouble at Olympus and I’ll get it through for you. fastreply@nachi.org

Citizens approved us years ago and we still find agents out there who question InterNACHI members. The forms showing InterNACHI approval don’t all change overnight. Long pipelines.

Hey Nick,

Sounds Great !!
Can’t come to soon for me.
I am tired of explaining to Ins. Agents…Yes I can do your 4 point…no I can’t do your Wind Mit.

Thanks
ed

anybody know what the out come was in Tallahassee yesterday?

Here is a link to the new form that was approved on 8-18-09.

http://www.floir.com/pdf/OIR-B1-1802_Rev_8-5-09.pdf

so since they left this in …
[size=3][size=3][size=3]I am a (check one):
Hurricane mitigation inspector certified by the My Safe Florida Home Program complete the below:
Those of us that were MSFH can sign off? Or is NACHI ok for
**[size=3][size=3]Other individual or entit[/size][/size][/size][/size][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=3]y recognized by the insurer as possessing the necessary qualifications to properly complete this form complete the below: [/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=3]You would think they would update the doc without all the strike outs.[/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=3][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][size=3]Thoughts…:smiley:
**[/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT]****[/size]

I guess that we will just have to wait and see what Nick is working on. Either way I see the wind mits going the same path as the four point. People will be performing them for $50 or less.

Yea, some people just have no buisness being in buisness:D

Lets see what happens with the price of the mandatory inspections coming in 2011.