New here

Originally Posted By: Ryan Jackson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello. My name is Ryan Jackson, and I was asked by a good friend of mine to join this site. I am the senior electrical inspector for a city just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. I am certified as a building, plumbing, mechanical and electrical inspector (residential and commercial) from the ICC/ICBO. I am also certified as a building and electrical plans examiner. I also work for our local IBEW as an electrical instructor.

I am new to this site, and I am not sure what types of answers you guys are looking for, because I don't fully understand what the home inspection process involves. So you guys enforce codes or safety hazardous or both???

Anyway, its my pleasure to be here.

--
Ryan Jackson, Salt Lake City

Originally Posted By: roconnor

Welcome Ryan!

HI's do not enforce codes or flag things as code violations, but they will use model codes as a guide to help determine if something is a defect, safety hazard, or concern.

That doesn't mean we will not discuss or even occasionally debate some code provisions ... after all, in order to apply something as a guide one must have some basic knowledge of the major provisions ... ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
Robert O'Connor, PE
Eagle Engineering ?
Eagle Eye Inspections ?
NACHI Education Committee

I am absolutely amazed sometimes by how much thought goes into doing things wrong

Originally Posted By: jpeck

Another welcome to the board.

The greater the knowledge base we can draw from, the better.

I think the new construction photos and information will help explain what we are, or should be, seeing, and what might just be behind the walls which we cannot see after the fact.

--
Jerry Peck
South Florida

Originally Posted By: tallen

Welcome Ryan,

This board is frequented by experts and new HI's alike. The wealth of knowledge available here is unsurpassed IMO by any other board I know of.
I am sure you will be a great addition to the wonderful world of NACHI ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005