New index listing - New To Home Inspection "WDYK"

Originally Posted By: mpatton
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Chris & Nick,

I have noticed that individuals just getting started or thinking about trying this business out have many similar questions, these are lost amongst various areas of the board. If it makes since to others why not create an index specifically related to business startups and information pertaining to the curious and "I" want to know before I dive in type of information.

This may be easier for individuals to search and for input to be directed in even a more helping manner.

Index "WDYK" "What Do You Know" ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

What?s your thought?

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection
Serving Northern KY & Greater Cincinnati OH

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Well we started out providing more of this. I once wrote an article called “100 specific steps to start a home inspection business.” No it wasn’t exactly 100, I just like round numbers.

The problem was it started to attract ALL newbies. This year especially, NACHI really changed. Veteran inspectors started joining like crazy... especially ASHI guys. This would have happened sooner but we bash ASHI a little and I think it kept some good ASHI guys from joining NACHI.

Igor and others have been really good at keeping the distinction between ASHI national and ASHI members clear.

Anyway, I think NACHI was greatly improved by so many ASHI full members and veteran inspectors joining NACHI. They bring a lot.

End result: We've drifted away from an association for newbies, somewhat. Most of our stuff now like http://www.nachi.org/form.htm and http://www.nachi.org/coollinks.htm are geared toward the already-successful inspector.

Nick

Originally Posted By: mpatton

Nick,

I agree with what you are saying, however it may keep the questions centrallized rather than the same questions being asked multiple times in different areas of the board. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
Michael Patton
AA Home Inspection
Serving Northern KY & Greater Cincinnati OH

AA@AAHomeInspection.net
www.AAHomeInspection.net

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

You are right. We should start a “Newbies go here for help” area.

We were all there once.

Nick