NEW TO THE BUSINESS

Originally Posted By: Chris Norman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi All,

Have been viewing the forum for some time now and am impressed with the integrity and desire for professionalism even though you aren’t a bunch of AHSI’S. (As if ASHI holds the market on professionalism!).

Whatever Nick may or may not be, he seems to care alot about NACHI and knows much about marketing. Though all most of us want to do is just do good inspections for the client and make a decent living, marketing is a thing we must do. This org can certainly help with that among other things.

As a beginner I look forward to learning as much as possible about this business and would like to do all that I can to improve the image and respectability of the home inspector. If I am going to do this, I should jump in all the way.

Any help on getting my business going would be appreciated.

After looking at posts for some time now, I have alot of respect for NACHI inspectors and know that the ASHI way is not the only way.

To home inspectors everywhere,

Chris

What? Nobody want to talk to me? icon_biggrin.gif Feeling left out! Maybe I’m too sensitive. Come on guys!

Chris

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Chris,

If you have any specific questions, I'm sure many of us would be happy to answer.

Do a search on "new inspector" or "new to the business". Many of us have responded to many, many questions to newbies and you will find a wealth of information contained in these posts.

Thanks Blaine much appreciated.

Originally Posted By: dfrend

I too recently started out, and have since planted my feet as much as possible. PM me or call one evening and I will help you with any general questions. Reports, marketing, whatever.

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Chris,

Check out other things on this board. See for yourself how this organization offers and provides an extreme amout of support in education, marketing, etc. After reviewing then by all means please consider joining NACHI. What you see and read in the General area is far from the total NACHI experience. Our "Members Only Section" is three times the informative site as the General area. (My opinion only).

Thanks for reading,

Originally Posted By: dvalley

NACHI needs a newbie link which contains all the FAQ’s, that all new/prospective Inspectors can link to.

This FAQ page should list all those repetitive Questions with Answers that newbies are always inquiring about.

Don't you all agree?![](upload://p5opi06Vte1NTOZ2aCqbwVMQKCI.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Dave,

I agree with ya. I also think we should have a special section in the members only section set up just for polls. Hard to keep up with polls when they are all over the place.

Originally Posted By: mpfeffer

I think the Newbie link would be great for all of us crowbars just starting in the field. it would weed out all the dumb questions you experienced guys are probably sick of seeing! icon_wink.gif I know there sure are alot of “dummy” questions i have, and sometimes see others asking too.

Matt,

No question is dumb. Fire away, what can we help you with? e-mail or pm me. Maybe I can direct you in the right direction or answer some questions for you.