I am just plain sick and tired of doing water intrusion and “consultation” inspections in Chicago and telling members of newer building condo associations that their building is water logged, full of mold and will have (if they don’t pay thousands of dollars for repairs on 3 - 5 year old condos) structural collapses of the roof trusses.
It’s like being a physician and having to tell the patient that they have cancer.
I have decided to rally multiple forces.
- TV and newspaper people that I know.
- Local utility contacts (gas, electric, etc).
- Real Estate agents.
- Real Estate laywers
- Construction litigation lawyers.
- Various state legislators (Lou Lang, Asst. Dem majority leader, Ill. Senate, etc).
- Various public interest groups.
And any of you who want to help, including Illinois NACHI members.
GET LAWS PASSED SO THAT CGs IN ILLINOIS HAVE TO BE STATE LICENSED!
- Qualifications, tests, actually knowing what they are doing. (what a concept).
- Insurance (If they F up, they have to pay).
- Actually assigning liability, and having the responsibility to make things right, to the clowns who are building this crap.
Anyone who wants to help, e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This is a good way to “brand” HIs as the un-biased experts for noty only pre-purchase inspections, but for Phased Construction, water intrusuion, mainteance, litigation, thermal imaging, energy audit and many other types of inspections.
Let’s get the public to see HIs as the experts who work only for the public!
Hope this helps;