New Report Software

Robert,
How did you know I had a rash? Damn attics in summer in Georgia.

LOL

Charlie

You guys could still plug for both of those softwares without trashing either one.

I agree. There’s several really good inspection programs out there. Some of it just comes down to personal taste or a particular feature that causes an inspector to choose one or another. Either way a lot of time and effort goes into the programs.

That being said, don’t Bob and Linas seem to fight with each other more like husband and wife? :mrgreen: It must be a Chicago thing.

Personally I think it’s great having a variety of programs that inspectors can feel comfortable with and build a loyalty to. Kinda like Ford guys and Chevy guys. :smiley: Love my HG… sorry couldn’t help it;-)

No problem Robert. I totally agree. It’s good for the end inspector in the long run. If there was only one program they’d end up being lazy. Multiple programs makes us work harder to put in new features to gain business (although the opposite of too many would make us all go broke as their is a small pool of inspectors to work from). In the end it should make things easier on you guys.

Ford or Chevy?

It is HIP to use HIP
:):):slight_smile:

Dom , careful what you say about Linus as he does not live in California.

Mr. Elliott,

I’m considering buying Home Inspector Pro. Have you ever used Report Host? Is the two night and day? If so how?

Thanks
Bill

Hi Billy
In all seriousness I have my free 15 copies of Report Host and have never used on for a real report.

Nothing against it for $5 a report when starting out, but I find there is a lack of control in how your final product looks, and how your sections are ordered.
i am a control freak and like many of us do not wish my report to be like your report.
I want it to have my Inspection personality.
I want it to be fast(especially with downloading pictures
Billy I download 200 photos faster than you can count and put them in proper system and componant sections with a click.
I have control of font color and size.
Report host is dependant on live web and sometimes goes down.(Iknow because it happened to me while practicing with it.
I have deadlines and there is no way I can handle a dead link.
When you wish to change font on Report host , you gott put in your own Html code wich is something that is not worth the time and effort.

Lets face it that the docs links they provide are a little panzy.

I use my own.
Report host does not go to PDF very well either as it has no real page breaks.

Just go on my site and see a sample.
Sorry as it is old and I may need to update , but it still gives you a good idea why I love it.

Nice slogan :slight_smile: I think that makes you a hippie.

I know, he’s almost 3,000 miles away. Oh wait, you inferring the Chicago mob travels this far? Damn, first it was the Jersey mob with Russ, now the Chicago guys!

trigger hippie

Bill, I used Report Host exclusively for a little over 2 years. I started with HIP a few months ago and haven’t looked back. Sure there are many good reporting software programs out there. Many will have good points the others don’t have. None are perfect if you ask me. But, the one thing I will say, not just from personal experience but, from what many others on this BB say is, the customer service with HIP is unparalleled. Dominic is practically tireless. Besides being very knowledgeable which I’m sure many other software programmers are, he is one of the most available business owners I have had the pleasure of dealing with. He inspires confidence and a feeling in you that you are dealing with someone who truly cares. Practically all hours of the day the man is available for questions, comments, suggestions or just plain chit chat. Class act and just can’t say enough. Go ahead and download a free trial, you’ll never regret it.

Regards,

Gentlemen,

Thanks for all the great advice. HIP definately looks like the way to go. Going to download it and try it out and soon as I get back to the states.

Bill

Robert,
I will probably get backlash on this comment …but…my answer would be the same as your answer would be when a client asks you why they would spend $350 on your home inspection when another inspector will do it for $195 :slight_smile:

Jeff

They key is not as good.

I could charge more for Alpo dog food, than you do for Porterhouse steak.

Is the dog food better or just over priced.

Good one :wink:

Guess you missed my comeback Robert.

Just like all the inspections you missed by using inferior software.

Not at all :slight_smile:

Bob,

Jeff gave a fine presentation of his PDA based data collection HI software yesterday at Bruce Kirby’s Inspectectology Conference in Hinckley, MN

Jeff is low key and non pushy and I always enjoy talking to him. We both live in Hudson, WI

Jeff has written HI software since the Apple Newton was around.
He knows his stuff.

Everyone selecting the software that is best for them has to do a fair amount of research.

I encourage all who are looking to download the available trial packages and take them for a test drive.

It usually comes down to personal preferences, needs, and budget

Well said.

Jeff seems like a good guy.

Even though his software sucks…:slight_smile:

Seriously I am sure it is the way to go if using a PDA.

Just wish someone would fess up to having used it.