yes it does
whose sample?
Originally it did not.
yes it does
whose sample?
Originally it did not.
Well, since you asked:
http://www.chicagolandhomeinspection.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/happyclient.pdf
haha
Let me know where.(throw me a punch list)
That was my first, so I should probably get around to repairing any defects.
Glad somebody is reading it though.
Give me a call if you have any questions regarding the software.
Noticing a few spelling / grammar errors while reading something: Free
Proofreading = $100.00 an hour.
Please advise.
========================
I’m so happy with HomeGauge, I’ll never change again.
Flexible, versatile, ease of use, THE BEST customer support (not reliant on just one person and availabe at midnight). I could go on and on about it but hey, it’s already been said.
Each of us use what works best for us.
No EYE DON’T sell HomeGauge software so I could care less what y’all or anyone else thinks about it.
No profit in it for ME.
PS: My first one sucked too!
Erby, it has a spell checker in 5 languages which was added (for each language the program is currently used in) about 5 or 6 months ago. Whether someone actually uses it is up to them. The words spelled wrong are underlined in red and pretty obvious. Bob might have done that sample report before the spell check was added though, I don’t know.
Just so you know Erby, Home Inspector Pro has no resellers (in case you thought Bob or anyone else might be). Since we only sell the program for $399 or $499 we couldn’t afford to pay the commission (figure Uncle Sam takes half). It’s easier to pay schools and individuals to resell your software when you’re charging $800-$1500, but we refuse to charge that much. There is also more than one of us working here (actually 3), but since I’m the owner, yes I’m the guy you’ll find working until 2 or 3am. But the message boards are 24 hours with guys helping each other out (just like with HG). We have a very low call for support though. At most the average is maybe 2 calls in the first month of using the program, and maybe one down the line somewhere. After that guys drop into chat, and email to say hi. Between the message boards, animated tutorials, live chat and phone support, we don’t have a reason for more people. Although we also don’t have as many users yet as a few of the other programs, but we’re growing very fast.
HomeGauge is definitely a very good program, I’m glad you’re happy with it. Once you’ve found what works well for you, there’s little reason to change!
Keep pushing Dom.
If Erby is doing an ASHI spellcheck, he must be looking closely into the software and thinking of switching over to HIP.
I think Erby’s happy, he’s just looking at other reports. This is a good thing for inspectors to do to improve their own reports, no matter what program they’re using!
Dom: I guess I thought this
(post # 48 meant Bob was selling it for you.
Bob: ASHI spellcheck?? Do they even offer one.
When I read grammar & spelling drivel that leaves me wondering what the heck a person is trying to say, like this below, it just kinda jumps out at me!
==================
Grounding in chicago is typicaly done by the conduit
• grounding is done thru conduit
• a couple of the recepticles were two slotted
Observations :
Ground and neutral appear to be seperated and proper in the panel
Testing devise showed no signs of ungrounded outlets
The electrical conductors are copper
• wrapped in a plastic covering
• Exception is the conductors from the meter to the main panel as they are Aluminum which the Panel is rated
for
Observations : The conductors that are visable during the inspection show no signs of any problem
==================
Copy that and run it thru a grammar and spell checker. See how many funny little red and green lines there are. But remember, you asked.
Give it up guy. I’m happy. You’re happy. It’s a wonderful day. We both woke up this morning and hey, I even made some money today. Life is grand.
.
Hey Erby.
I see how you could think that. No, Bob and Rick went to the IHIA conference and handed out demo cd’s and flyers about the program and website but they weren’t paid any commission nor is he for talking here. They also were not collecting money for the program while they were there.
There wasn’t enough people going for it to make sense for me to fly up there and they were already thinking of going to the conference.
The same thing is happening next weekend where William DeVries will be talking about Home Inspector Pro at the Toronto InterNACHI conference and many other chapters that ask me to send them CD’s and they talk about our’s and other programs. We don’t have any resellers.
You seem to have quite a chip on your shoulder there buddy.
Your comments are drival,and uncalled for.
whats your real problem.
Why are you studying my report sample and critiquing so closely in the first place.
I have never looked at yours, nor do I really care to as all the home Gauge reports look the same to me.
Must be boring out in the sticks.
You should be polishing the gun rack or something.
clients love my reports, but yours must be in short supply.
Just stay off that moonshine.
P>S in Chicago we are required by state SOP to describe materials, so do not run your mouth in ignorance.
It is a sample intended to demonstrate the look of the report.(not a real report) think hard buddy, and get rid of those cobwebs.
Ok
This is to funny.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Erby’s sample report shows a picture of a binder with color tabs.
(guess they do not have E-mail down there.)
I also got to the top of the sample and see this:
COST ESTIMATES:
Cost estimates are …
If you have any questions, please call me.
BUILDING CODES:
Remember that the building code is …
If you have any questions, please call me.
PROPERTY HISTORY:
I recommend that you …
If you have any questions, please call me.
BUILDING PERMITS
Many people don’t understand that the permitting process typically is …
If you have any questions, please call me.
DIFFERING OPINIONS:
Don’t be surprised when a contractor or real estate agent says something is …
If you have any questions, please call me.
RADON TESTING
Radon testing is … —or thru my website at www.b4uclose.com .
If you have any questions, please call me.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR HOME:
The easiest way to take care of your house is to keep …
If you have any questions, please call me
***Do they gotta call you to get the report verbally or what.?:mrgreen: ***
I did not even go any further on this pathetic sample
If you are going to critisize you better make sure your own house is in order Durwood.
Hah, got you, Bob. You looked!
But the top of the report is this:
Perhaps a spell checker and some reading comprehension would benefit you and your clients.
Dom, I understand. Our state association often does that for sponsors that can’t afford to (Return on Investment) send someone from the company. And it gets members the information they need. E-mail me and I’ll get you some details for the October conference here, unless you already have a Kentucky user that’d do it.
=========================================
Be nice, Bob. You put it up, I looked. Notice I didn’t put the stuff up until you asked. Didn’t need a close study. Some things just jump out at you. You asked. I showed you. It ain’t the software stuff I was pointing out, it was your writing.
Don’t see anywhere in there that I criticized the software. I think Dom’s got a decent program and his followup is obviously great.
And yeah, one of these days, I have to fix that dang misspelled “Conditioning” that I know is hiding in my sample somewhere.
By the way, gun racks are polished on Sunday evening.
And please, there’s no need to be jealous about moonshine. Let me know and I’ll send you some somehow.
But those dang cobwebs just keep coming back. Got an easy solution for those? We could use one down here. So far, our best bet is to just let the termite guy go first.
Here’s an example!! Help!!
Try not to get too nasty, huh. Think of it as constructive criticism that you can use to better your services.
You started it bud.
You guys do not even speak English down there , yet you can spell?
Not sure why you would call material description drival, but it sure beats telling people they gotta call you ,rather than just putting the info in the report.
I already know about the few mis-spells and have not bothered to correct them as I will just change the report later anyhow.
That was actualy a copy over from the first report I ever tried to do 3 years ago.(practice report)
Even today I much prefer a good narrative ,over a dry canned lingo report.
Today is a long way past when I could not even type.
Personaly I do not think it is as bad ,as you sure tried to make me look.
One would think you were a competitor rather than a NACHI brother, so again I say watch that chip on your shoulder.
I started it!!! Huh?
That started this?
Nah, Bob. It ain’t the material description requirement. READ, really READ what I cut and pasted.
Here tis (with corrections) so you can better understand
Grounding in chicago is typicaly (uh, that’s typically) done by the conduit
(Really, the conduit does the grounding or does the electrician use the conduit as the ground)
Grounding, in Chicago, is provided by connection to the conduit.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but that’s not what it says.
• grounding is done thru conduit
Let’s just delete this one as the one above provides the same information and repetition is droll. Note that I often use the slang thru around here but reports get the full “through”. (Thanks for pointing that out some time back, Russell)
• a couple of the recepticles (uh, that’s receptacles) were two slotted
a couple of the receptacles were two slotted
Though I prefer: Most (or some or a couple, whichever fits) of the receptacles in the house are two slot receptacles, which are typical of a house this age. These receptacles are not grounded; this increases the likelihood that somebody might be shocked.
Safety would be improved by upgrading the receptacles to modern standards.
*One way to do this is to install Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter protection on the circuits that have two slot receptacles. ([size=1]Thanks, Walter) *
Like I said above, I prefer the narrative instead of short choppy bullets.
[/size]Observations :
Ground and neutral appear to be seperated (uh, that’s separated) and proper in the panel
Ground wires and neutral wires appear to be properly separated as required in a sub-panel.
Testing devise (uh, that’s device](define:device - Google Search)) showed no signs of ungrounded outlets
Testing device showed no signs of ungrounded outlets.
How does the testing device hold the sign when there is an ungrounded outlet. You might also want to point out how you tested the two slot receptacles (above) to show that they were properly grounded. If you can, I’d really like to hear about the test method.
Perhaps:
The tested outlets (or “All of the outlets” or whatever represents what you did for this testing) were properly grounded.
The electrical conductors are copper
• wrapped in a plastic covering
• Exception is the conductors from the meter to the main panel as they are Aluminum which the Panel is rated for
The bullet format doesn’t really fit this comment. Might also want to get rid of the stray capital letters.
Perhaps:
The branch circuit conductors are plastic coated copper wire.
The conductors from the meter to the main panel are aluminum.
The panel is properly rated for both of these types of conductors.
Observations : The conductors that are visable (uh, that’s visible](define:visible - Google Search)) during the inspection show no signs of any problem
How would they hold the signs if they were showing them.
Perhaps:
I didn’t see any problems with the visible conductors.
========================================
Now, Bob, stuff that in your pipe, let it smoke over night.
Then make a decision.
You can make back here and expose yourself again OR you can take it in the spirit it was intended and use it as constructive criticism to help you write better reports for your clients and be more professional in your client communications.
It’s your choice!
But please stop interrupting my gun rack polishing, moonshine making, cobweb clearing time.
I have very little self control over making responses to stuff like this.
You guys are too much ![]()
Thanks Erby, that would be very nice of you. We do have a few guys in Kentucky but I’m not sure what associations they belong to. PM me an address and an estimate on how many guys will be there and I’ll mail you some cd’s and flyers. Let me know what association is is and I’ll create a $100 off coupon for them too, as well as 3 months free website hosting.
As I mentioned this was the first , and way before I did my first real report, but have not gotten around to replacing it yet.
Sure does not seem to stop my clients from calling, though it sure bothered you enough too make a bunch of negative comments before I responded.
Amazing how a guy with such a lousy sample can even start a critics corner using me as a target.
With all the quote narrative I do not think the board will miss RR one bit.
I checked your site just to see what a master site looks like and was thoughly disappointed.
Perhaps if you spent more time doing the job you are paid to do and less time on spell check ,your reports might contain some usefull information for your clients.
I never went past the first part of your report , but I do not think you want me to go there ,now do you.
I will not even comment on that pole in your picture.(or the subliminal message it contains)
B4U close , should be spelled Before you close.
Your prices are a little low to Durwood.
Inspection Fee: ServicePriceAmountSub-TotalGeneral Home Inspection1.0011.00Radon Measurement w/ Radalink Telemonitor1.001
1.00
Are those from RR too.
Ok lets go down to your first paragraph in the report.
There is no guarantee your roof will last the estimated life. B4U Close Home Inspections recommends that
Reccomends what ?
better a mis -spelled word than a missing thought
I could go on and on , so before you start going after someone you do not even know you better make sure your own house is in order.
I never start trouble with anyone , but do not wake up a sleeping Bear.
You ask. I answer. Then you start throwing crap.
Look up DLP. Sleepy purple bear should stay sleeping. My hands are solid and the cross hairs are steady. (and hey, the gun rack is polished too.)
![]()
“http://www.youtube.com/v/LZnsL7-UdGc&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1”
Aaah Sleepy Purple Bear
You should have slept on it. Then this wouldn’t be happening to you! It’s a link. Click on it!
Poor me, poor me. I have to do four inspections just to buy a gallon of gas. I’ve never understood that. Do you think I should raise my prices to $2.00 an inspection.
Don’t get started on websites. I tried to look it up (Google “Chicago home inspections”) but couldn’t find it without coming back here to look up your address. Wasn’t nowhere in the first page.
Have a nice life. Seems you’re just looking for crap to throw. However this big ole fan just keeps blowing it back in your face. But it ain’t fun anymore so I’m erecting a big ole brick wall and shutting down the fan. You can have the last splatter on your side of the wall.
==========================
Really, Bob, use it as constructive criticism, not an attack. I know you’ve kind of taken the whole thing in that direction, but I didn’t start it that way.
HomeGauge 4.1 is due out by end of August. It includes a re-inspection feature that automatically makes a copy of the original, changes date to today’s date and excludes all items automatically except for the summary comments. Search takes you to each summary item where one click can time stamp the re-inspection item along with your own words (definable).
Plus many more benefits to save you time! That is why we have 3 in house full time programmers. It’s not just for support but for improvements in software, websites and services!
Download a trial copy today!
Thanks Russell. Home Guage Rocks!!