New scammer low

Man these scammers are hitting a new time low, pretending to be a soldier overseas in Ukraine. Just when you think people couldn’t go any lower.

5 Likes

Would be nice if a person could program the phone to auto-delete any message that contains the phrase “I will like to know.” It seems the scammers just can’t figure that one out, lol.

7 Likes

Most of my interactions with scammers are from India, even had one say he was the FBI and that he was going to come and arrest me which was so hilarious I actually laughed at him. But the language barrier definitely shows up in the messages and is fun to witness and pick apart.

2 Likes

I just had one tell me they found my “papers” in a car involved in a crime at the US/Mexico border and I was in “serious trouble”. Still waiting for them to show up and arrest me… and also wondering who would pay the $1500 to get my car from Hawaii to the mainland so it could even make it to the US/Mexico border :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I just had someone text me yesterday, 4 times in about 3 hours, until I blocked the number and deleted the texts. It was the same text every time, but they were also asking to text a different number than the one it came on.
I wonder what purpose that serves?

2 Likes

Yep…that is why people put in their phone numbers like this Five Five Five 23one seven seven 44. It keeps the bots out.

3 Likes

If you ever want to have fun try to get one to hang up on you. Most aren’t allowed to end a call. As long as they have a live person on the line there is a chance of them getting some info they can use. If I’m bored I’ll often play with them a bit. When the auto warranty expiration folks call I just start rattling off a list of vehicles I supposedly own. They won’t insure anything more than about 15-20 years so I just give a list of older vehicles. They get REALLY frustrated really fast. I tell them about how I’ve rehabbed my 1974 Pinto and it looks really nice :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Got the exact same text. Only the address was changed.

1 Like

I’ve wondered the same thing. What is it they are trying to get from this?

The cars warranty one is fun. I always say I have some ridiculous car like a Bugatti Veyron and they always hang up on me lol

2 Likes

When they call to see if I want to sell my house, I say “Sure, but you have my address wrong. The correct address is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave Washington DC. It has been bought and sold many times and is currently for sale again. Please look it up, I will hold.”

3 Likes

Oh that’s a good one!

I’ve seen this guy on YouTube scam the scammers and it’s pretty entertaining

2 Likes