NFL Football 2004

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Yeah, I gotta get this one in too. The best professional sports league in the world in the greatest team sport ever played kicked off thier regular season tonight, and it was a good one. Manning and the Colts must be sick after the way they blew that game with one big mistake after another when it counted. You can’t expect beat a team like the Patriots if you do that kinda stuff, no way.

I'm a long, long, long suffering Saints fan myself. I have no idea what they're gonna do this year, except stay out of the Super Bowl. Someday....

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I guess being a Saints fan is akin to being a Cubs AND Red Sox fan. (Cubbies first). Life long suffrage.

I guess being a Saints fan is akin to being a Cubs AND Red Sox fan. (Cubbies first). Life long suffrage.

Yeah, and we don't even have a good curse to blame it all on. We did have some pretty crappy owners the first 20 years....

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

I’m a Vikings Fan, and have lived with much dissappointment. However, my team generally wins many games, but can never break the big game mark!

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Kevin,

They don't lynch you for being a Vikings fan in Packer territory?

That would be almost as bad as being a Bears fan in Milwaukee! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Fortunately for bears fans, no one in wisconsin hates any team more than the Vikings.

In Minnesota, the rivalry is Vikings/Packers. In Wisconsin it’s Packers/Vikings and in Illinois it’s Bears/Packers. Wierd isn’t it?

Anyway, although I lived in Wisconsin, all we got was Minnesota TV stations so I grew up watching the Vikings. Never knew there were any Packer fans in this state until the Pack started winning in the mid 90's Then they climbed out of the woodwork. Bandwagon jumping mfr's ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

Originally Posted By: fduemig

Beat you all!!!

Long suffering:

Bill's Fan
Met's Fan
Islander's Fan

A fan can't have it much tougher than that.
I guess thats why they call us fans, fanatics.
![icon_mad.gif](upload://j9pysYkUDeHxjgaVCpqL5B8x4z3.gif)

--
Fred Duemig

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Quote:
Bill's Fan
Met's Fan
Islander's Fan

Bills - 4 straight AFC championships and (lost) Super Bowls
Met's - Have won a world title since 1908 or even 1918.
Islander's. Puhleeeze, won several Cups in the late 70's or early 80's and are getting back to being good again.

Maybe not much lately, but at least all have been in the playoffs recently.

Let's see, Cubs UUUGGHHH
Red Sox, ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif) ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif) ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)
Wahsington Wizards
Washington Capitals: : ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif) ![icon_cry.gif](upload://r83gSGUzNOacIqpjVReDwcR83xZ.gif)

And now that I'm in FL the Bucs teased me with a Super Bowl, and they will be the dregs now for a while. And then there's the Devil Rays

Aint rootin for sports teams fun

Originally Posted By: aslimack

Fred,

Regarding the Bills, i feel your pain. I'm a Raiders fan but i'm about 1/2 an hour from ( In howard Cosell voice) Orc hard Park- New York, Home of the Buff a lo Bills. My buddy is a big time fan and traveled to all 4 super bowl losses. I'm still stinging from the Raiders/ Bucs bowl. Dont change your signals against your ex coach in the biggest game of the year. Keep passing against the same "undersized" personel you spanked with the run, 45-0 less than 2 years earlier. Heck, they knew exactly what was coming.....Sorry, Got off on one. I'm also an A's fan. Thats tough. Can't afford to keep your best players so your never quite good enough. Twins fans(and others) can probably relate. Under 50 million dollar pay roll and trying to compete with teams like the Spanks with 194 million. What cracked me up was last week when that schmuck Steinbrenner(?) requested a forfeit because Tampa Bay couln't make it to New York on time, due to the hurricane. He said it gave the Red Sox an unfair competitive edge. Your kidding me right, 194 million payroll and whining about an unfair competitive edge.

Bandwagon jumping mfr’s.

I can't stand those guys who like whoever's winning this year. If you wanna be a real fan PICK A TEAM AND STICK WITH THEM. It's only a game, for cryin' out loud.

I would note that under Brian's Fan Rules you can abandon your team IF:
1. They move.
2. The owner makes no effort to win for at least 10 years (AZ Cardinals, etc.)
3. They sign Terrel Owens

Originally Posted By: fduemig

Adam,

Not only did he request a forfeit, but he is asking for over $2 million from MLB for losses from that missed game. icon_eek.gif

I don't have much of a hard time with the Bills SB losses, they are the only team to get there 4 straight times, however, living on Long Island, among Jet's and Giant's fans, the first one was very hard to take as that is the one they should have won.

Blaine, yes the Islanders won four straight cups at the beginning of the 80's, and yes they are improving, but, they lost every game they played last year to the Rangers, (what relay counts around here), and they make terrible trades and signings.

And speaking of terrible trades and signings, lets move onto the woeful Met's, Mo Vaughn, Mike Stanton, Scott Kazmir, Nolan Ryan for Jim Fregosi, Jeremy Burnitz, Roberto Alomar, Mike Hampton, Pat Zachary, Brian McRae, Mel Rojas, ROGER CEDENO, etc., etc., etc. Promise, loss, promise, loss. On and on and on.............

BTW Adam,
My son and I fly up to Buffalo to see one game a year, and we try to go to Foxboro. Buffalo is an awesome city for a football game.

Fred

--
Fred Duemig

Originally Posted By: dfrend

Go Skins’ icon_biggrin.gif

Daniel R Frend

www.nachifoundation.org

The Home Inspector Store

www.homeinspectorstore.com

Hmmm…

I’m sensing we need a MLB PLayoffs / Yankee’s Bashing thread around here. Somebody else start it up, I’ve got enough sports threads going to irritate the non-fans already.

I hereby reserve a spot on the Yankee's Bashing team.
![icon_twisted.gif](upload://xjO326gspdTNE5QS3UTl0a0Rtvy.gif)

The Saints play the Seahawks today, who are the fashionable pick for one side of the NFC title game this year. I hope my boys are up to speed, Shawn Alexander is a load to tackle all day long. The good news is we’re home and they struggle on the road…or have.

Geaux Saints!

Oh man, did they stink it up today. Might be a long season this time.

The Broncos vs. Chiefs game was good tonight, fun to watch.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Now everybody sing along:

Hail to the Redskins -
Hail Victory -
Braves on the Warpath -
Fight for old D C.... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

The Packers at the Panthers tonight. My heart says “Go with Brett”, but my brain says “Carolina’s a better team”. My money’s on Carolina (Go Packers). eusa_doh.gif

Well the good news is my Saints got a win this weekend, the bad news is our Pro-Bowl running back has a high ankle sprain that could nag him for weeks. Yippie.

I'm looking forward to the game tonight. Gotta take the Eagles at home in this one. Terrel Owens and Randy Moss in the same place at the same time...can the stadium hold both egos at once?
![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

Last time they met, Randy had the better game…but I have to give the advantage to the Eagles on home turf…but GO VIKES!!!

I thought the league did a decent job of honoring Pat Tillman this weekend, with every player wearing a sticker with his number (40) on their helmet. The Cardinals had much more of course, at home this week.

While his life was no more valuable than any of the other hundreds of Americans who have died over there, surely not more than a very few walked away from so much to serve in harms' way, without even being asked. I particularly respect the fact that he gave not one interview to the media after making the announcement, but simply went about the business of becoming a soldier. God Bless him, and all of the other heros still serving in those hell-holes, for doing their dirty, dangerous jobs on our behalf.