NHICC recieves formal CMHC support

Roy:

Thanks for advertising for me!

Did you verify my NCH? At least it’s being recognized and supported in Canada.

My next project that I will be working on…for input into the next province to regulate HI’s (and to BC for future amendments) is:

Only designations from organizations recognized in the HI regulations may be advertised or used within the jurisdiction

For example…If MICB and CMI was not recognized in the regs, it can’t be advertised or used in that jurisdiction.

Good idea???[/size]

Glad to help and also glad it is recognized by 400~ members .It seems John Q public has zero idea about this but the CMI sure does work for those who have it .I see you still have not answered what the cost is for that usless NCH.
You are wrong about the CMI not being recoginised in Canada it is mine to use for life .
CMI is a registered Canadian trade mark to bad yours is a usless self given 3 letters .

If a jurisdiction says that you can only use and advertise designations from organizations that are recognized in its regulations, whether it is is a registered Canadian tademark or not, HI’s will not be able to use the designation…it’s really that simple. The trademark means that only MICB can award it and that no other group or individual can use the term…but if MICB and CMI are not recognized in the particular government’s regulations, it will become a moot point.

For example, in BC, the CANNACHI CMHI is already accepted but CMI is not. A person with only NACHI and CMI designations cannot practice legally in BC!

When will we be licenced in Ontario Brian?

CMI assumes you are already licensed or operating legally. Read 1.L in http://www.certifiedmasterinspector.org/cmi/coe.html

CMI doesn’t need any government recognition for it to work. It works in licensed states, it works in unlicensed states, it works in states considering licensing, it works in BC, it works in ON, it works everywhere. Ask anyone who has earned it.

Licensing sets a minimum standard and CMI isn’t a school and doesn’t involve itself with helping newbies get legal. CMI is on the other side of the spectrum as the highest professional designation in the inspection industry.

CERTIFIED MASTER INSPECTOR… instantly recognized by consumers (the type of “recognition” that matters) as the very best of the best.

"Does ACHI have such an “acknowledgement” from any of the construction sector parties?"

No, and we didn’t ask for it, because we don’t need the government patting us on the head. But then we didn’t ask for and receive a big chunk of their money either. Which sort of colours their ‘acknowledgement’ a little doesn’t it.* :wink: :roll:*

Weren’t you a supporter of licensing just mere weeks/ couple of months ago?

It’s your province…you tell me!

I think you find Raymond is like me not afraid of proper licensing .
Not contoled by a self apointed closed door group.
But for your information our MPP tells me it is not even being considered in Ontario.
A few who want control are making lots of noise hoping they will be able to convince every one they are the ones .

For R&R:

While looking through an old thread, this popped out in a post…note the date:

"4/3/08

There’s very little chance BC will have licensing anytime within the next three years."

Hey…** within 11 months, the BC regulations went into effect!!**
Could happen in a province near you!!

In BC, about 100 inspectors (~25%) dropped off the HI map immediately and… 22 months after regulation are slowly making their way back into the business with the proper certifications.

It may need that recognition if governments realize that designations and organizations not approved in their regulations are being used by HI’s within their jurisdiction. (especially if those designations are not rigorous and defendable.)

Please inform Roy that all you have in Canada is trademark protection of CMI and no official recognition in the home inspection field.

See and read:

I am still a proponent of licencing. A made in Ontario solution, not to the dictates of bodies which are not at arms length from one another and rife with conflicts. Nor are they accredited to ICE nor CAN P9.

Its also worth noting that the industry is still fractured even with licencing in BC. Which has three associations competing for members. (CAHPI/ASTT/CanNachi)

As Roy pointed out there is no licencing on the provincial radar. So it remains anything goes territory.

As you know Roy,

The Professional Home and Property Inspector of Ontario (PHPIO) became Professional Home and Property Inspector of Canada (PHPIC) last year when they became a National association. More info at link below:

http://phpic.ca/home.php](http://phpic.ca/home.php)

If I may quote you from another thread:

**********Bad Rumors are not needed and are wrong . ****

You were well aware of the above change when you decided to post that remark, so why did you do it???

Please, practice what you sermonize.[/size]

You just might want to practice what you preach

Gee Marcel I am so glad you have the NACHI forum to come to and Cry and you sure do lots of complaing . You have not ansered My questions on the Cost for a person to be NCA ?NCH . Now can you please explain where PHPIC web site has been for the last few days .
Error 404: File Not Found

The requested page is not found. This may happen due to the following reasons:

Please contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.opyright 1999-2009, Parallels
All rights reserved

This page is autogenerated by Parallels® H-Sphere

Can you Please explain why you as a PHPIC Director Has NACHI ,CMI ,BBB and others on your web Site but does not even have PHPIC on your web site very poor methods for a PHPIC Director ,

Roy,

May I remind you that I am a member of iNACHI, a CMI and as such have every right to express my opinion here.

As for the non accessible website, all one has to do is place their cursor on the link and left click, é voila!

You should be taken to PHPIC’ bilingual website. If that doesn’t work, you may want to contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.

In my last post, I linked NCH to its website for ease of reference for information that you may be interested, including costs. Again, if that didn’t work, you may want to contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.

As for the upkeep of my website, thanks for the reminder!

Incidentally, I didn’t see the ACHI’s logo on Al Presidente website nor yours for that matter (Perhaps, you might just want to practice what you preach)…

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=3]You are wrong again I wonder will you ever get some thing correct . Seeing as I was on the PHPIC web site I decided to see just how their membership is doing . I went down an I was surprised to see how many had a web site logo and no web site .
A dead web site that is usually the sign a person is no longer a home Inspector .
I also found some who still have the old PHPIC on their web site .
It might be a good time Mr. PHPIO Director to try and clean up your own home instead of Being so nervous and jealous of what Roy is doing .

I am surprise some one who is as smart as you would miss
(“As for the upkeep of my website, thanks for the reminder!”)
[/size][/FONT]

CMHC has no power to regulate…period.

About CMHC
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is Canada’s national housing agency. Established as a government-owned corporation in 1946 to address Canada’s post-war housing shortage, the agency has grown into a major national institution. CMHC is Canada’s premier provider of mortgage loan insurance, mortgage-backed securities, housing policy and programs, and housing research.

What We Do](http://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/en/corp/about/whwedo/index.cfm)
CMHC works to enhance Canada’s housing
finance options, assist Canadians who cannot afford housing in the private market, improve building standards and housing construction, and provide policymakers with the information and analysis they need to sustain a vibrant housing market in Canada.

"Incidentally, I didn’t see the ACHI’s logo on Al Presidente website . . . . . "

Who is this guy ‘Al’ you keep referring too?

[quote=“mgratton, post:34, topic:55758”]

Roy,

As for the non accessible website, all one has to do is place their cursor on the link and left click, é voila!

You should be taken to PHPIC’ bilingual website. If that doesn’t work, you may want to contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.

In my last post, I linked NCH to its website for ease of reference for information that you may be interested, including costs. Again, if that didn’t work, you may want to contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong. quote]

I see PHPIC is back
http://phpic.ca/forconsumers.php

Welcome to the
Professional Home and Property
Inspectors of Canada (PHPIC)
Home of Canada’s National Certificate Holder

I see PHPIO is gone again

http://phpio.ca/home.php

Error 404: File Not Found

The requested page is not found. This may happen due to the following reasons:

Please contact your webmaster if you are not sure what goes wrong.

It’s Brian new imaginary friend. :mrgreen:

But George,

You should know that it’s arthritis acting up while typing ;-):)…