Nick, can you comment on this?

Hi Nick,

I found this verbiage and link from NACHI while searching the web recently.
And while I was pleased to find NACHIs image out there I was unhappy with the message it’s conveying.

“Home Inspector Warning - nachi.org
www.nachi.org/
Before you hire an inspector in Baltimore, MD, read this warning.”

I think it conveys a negative attitude in that I don’t like “warning” and “home inspector” to be a good combination in the publics mind. And of course when you click the link there is no “warning” to be found!

Please rethink this approach.

Best,

Tom

Good fiind Tom. I think you are right, that wording is aweful and needs to be changed ASAP, it could ve damaging at first look.

Jim

It is one of our many covert ad campaigns that push consumer traffic to InterNACHI members’ websites, just before they are about to hire an inspector. Once a consumer looking for a home inspector is on your website and finds what he/she was looking for (you)… they forget all about how they got there. It works.

I’m sure there are many ways to make it work, I just find the wording of this particular example to be negative and not helpful to the the image of the profession as a whole.

Tom

I have mixed feelings about it but this is exactly what ASHI does, so for now, I’m ok with it.

Wrong !

That is if they get there.

Many people who see the words “NACHI & warning” together in the same ad will first & foremost attach the warning to NACHI, Secondly they may think there is a virus attached & won’t click on it all.

The other reason I don’t like it is because when I clicked on it this morning, an ad for my competition showed up. I don’t mind competition but playing on an even field is only fair.

I would recommend removing the word “warning” and putting all NACHI inspectors for that city in the advertisement when it gets clicked on.

Good idea. We often do that too.

I agree. If I see the phrase “warning” I’ll most likely avoid it and/or get a negative impression.

More curious people may be enticed to click “warning”, IMO the majority will avoid it and/or get a bad impression of InterNachi inspectors in general.

What’s a good idea?

Often do what?

Run ads that direct consumer traffic to InterNACHI members’ websites without using the word “warning.”

I think it would be good to do away with that type of verbiage!

Thanks,

Tom

A couple of quick comments:

1. Each time the link is clicked, it takes you to a different member in that region. The system distributes clicks evenly between all members. This is true for all adwords campaigns that we run.

2. That particular ad is pretty successful because of the language we use. In fact, it’s one of the top performing ads we run. When you’re about to spend $300-500 on something, and you see a very targeted warning about that exact thing, you tend to want to continue.

Like Nick said, we spend $1000’s of dollars each month on marketing campaigns for our members. This is just one of 'em, and it’s pretty effective. That said, we’re constantly trying new ideas, so if we find one that outperforms this ad, we’ll happily replace it.

Chris

When I click for Jefferson City Mo home inspection. I get a list of Raytown inspectors (about two hours away). What is up with that?

James,

Can you send me the exact phrase that you searched for that brought up that result?

CM

Email sent.
Thank You, Chris!

I know longer have mixed feelings about this. We always ask our customers how they found us. The inspection we just booked came from this ad. It works for me :mrgreen:

Juan writes:

Awesome news.

I guess negative campaign ads appeal to a certain segment of the population as well.

Tom

The guy on the phone said

"some warning ad that took me to N-A-C-H-I (he spelled it) and led me to your website.

I didn’t have to sell myself. It was an easy booking.