No P-trap? Haven't seen this type of drain before

Has anyone seen this? Shouldn’t there be a P-Trap somewhere.


Called a bottle trap.

I don’t think they are permitted in most jurisdictions. Probably because you cannot rod them (assumption on my part). They’re popular when the trap is exposed to view, cause they’re purdy.

That is the trap. Usually found on high end sinks