North Texas NACHI 19 July meeting

Originally Posted By: escanlan
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

A. Thermography is the use of an infrared measuring instrument such as an infrared camera, to detect and measure the thermal energy emitting from an object.

Q. How can ?Thermography? be used for inspections?

To obtain the answer to this, and many more questions, join us on July 19th for North Texas NACHI?s monthly meeting. Mr. Tom Mayfield, Mayfield Thermography Consulting Services, Inc. ( www. mayfieldinfrared.com ), will provide a very informative presentation on infrared thermography. With over 25 years experience in infrared imaging Mr. Mayfield has experienced many interesting cases, some of which he will share with us during his presentation.

Also join us to meet the candidates for the North Texas NACHI Board Of Directors. The nominations are in and it will be your chance to say hello prior to elections.

The meeting will be held at the Golden Corral Restaurant in Grapevine (information below). This is a very nice pay as you enter family buffet arrangement at a very reasonable price. Bring the family if you wish and enjoy an evening with NACHI North Texas!

If you have any questions please email us at info@nachint.org.

We?re looking forward to meeting you there!

6:00 - 7:00 P.M. Dinner and conversation
7:00 P.M. Meeting starts

Golden Corral Buffet & Grill
2605 E GRAPEVINE MILLS CIRCLE
Grapevine, TX 76051
(972)874-7900

--
Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi to all,

Good luck with the chapter meeting Manny, the more I am seeing of thermal imaging the more I like it, I realy wish I could be there to hear the presentation.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: escanlan

Gerry,

Thanks for the note. Last month we had over 40 attend. Hopefully we pack the house again.

The presentation should be a very good one. I spoke with Tom Mayfield and he has provided me an overview. It is a slide presentation with discussion and covers the items Inspectors could use infrared thermography for. If time permits and the attendees are interested he also has an extension about commercial uses.

Tom Mayfield is a very knowledgeable person in infrared thermography. There are around 100 thermographers in this area and all but three specialize in electrical inspections only. Tom chose to diversify his offerings when he started and has performed a lot of interesting work. We discussed one of his jobs which was an aerial thermographic scan to find a water line break under a large parking lot. Just that one job was very interesting to hear about and he has been involved in some really offbeat jobs using infrared thermography. He has also worked on large homes performing various things such as moisture/damage detection, energy audits, etc.

It should be an interesting evening!!!

--
Manny (Emmanuel) Scanlan

Knowledge is power, but sharing knowledge brings peace!