Number of exterior faucets?

Where in the IRC does it say you need 2 exterior hose bibs?

Better yet, where does it say you need any hose bibs?

Found it here Joe, but not in my 2003.

**R306.5. Exterior Hose Bibs. One- and two-family dwellings shall have not less than two exterior hose bibs, sill cocks or outside hydrants with one being located on the side or rear of the structure. (Effective January 1, 2007)
**http://www.nachi.org/forum/f22/many-hose-bibbs-new-home-28281/:)

And found where that was located.

Georgia Amendments to 2006 IRC

Might want to check with any amendments to the IRC in your State.:slight_smile:

And here;

(k) Hose Connections.
[ol]
[li]Outside Hose connections, sillcocks or wall hydrants shall be installed in all residential buildings no more than 100-feet apart.[/li][li]In all commercial buildings, sillcocks and hose connections shall only be required in: [LIST=1][/li][li]mechanical rooms;[/li][li]mechanical penthouses; or[/li][li]mechanical areas of similar use and nature.[/li][/ol]
[li]A backflow preventer or vacuum breaker shall be installed on all sillcocks, hose connections and wall hydrants including faucets that incorporate a hose thread outlet.[/li][/LIST]http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=ocaterminal&L=6&L0=Home&L1=Licensee&L2=Division+of+Professional+Licensure+Boards&L3=Board+of+State+Examiners+of+Plumbers+and+Gas+Fitters&L4=Statutes+and+Regulations&L5=Rules+and+Regulations+Governing+Plumbers+and+Gas+Fitters&sid=Eoca&b=terminalcontent&f=dpl_boards_pl_cmr_248cmr1000b&csid=Eoca

Marcel, I saw the earlier post. But I’m not in GA or MA. It’s not in the IRC as far as I can tell. I’ve spent quite a bit of time searching for it and word searched everything relevant I can think of. Not found.

Well, there you go. If not an addendum to the IRC in your State, then it is not required.
Who in hell would want a house with no hose bibs, sill cocks, wall hydrant, and anything else it is called?
Only common sense and I would just recommend one be installed for convenience. :slight_smile:

Ahhh, the beauty of not being a “code inspector” :slight_smile:

(Who in hell would want a house with no hose bibs) lol Welcome to TN see it a lot here Marcel

99.9% of the time, I see 2 on new construction. I saw just 1 the other day on new construction and wanted to call it out, but can’t find anything to hang my hat on. Oh well.

Nowhere … but it’s considered good practice to have that for owner convenience.

You have to be careful switching the HI and AHJ hats … been there, done that, got the tee shirt … :wink:

Interesting info… thanks!

Yep. I asked the question from an AHJ standpoint. Wanted to address it from a code standpoint, but can’t. A big omission by the IRC I think.

my spin, ymmv
as the AHJ modify as you see fit, with purpose and reason
absence within the proximity of the structure may lead to life and property endangerment
the fire officials would probably back you up

you know where this came from
101.3 Intent
The purpose of this code is to establish the minimum requirements to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare through structural strength, means of egress facilities, stability, sanitation, adequate light and ventilation, energy conservation, and safety to life and property from fire and other hazards attributed to the built environment and to provide safety to fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.