Oahpi

I suggest that you have more respect when addressing a member of NACHI Mr. Raymond Wand of Caledon, or is it Bully Shrimp?

Thanks Nick:

I know not what you did, but I appear to be a member once again.

Mario

I suggest you curtail your wanton disregard for the purpose of the thread. I noticed once again how quickly you have the knack to go on the offensive and show your ignorance.

Bill the new association will be welcomed and a refreshing outlook for the industry as a whole, I am excited and offer any help to get the new Ontario association on the ground and running as a whole. I believe many inspectors are waiting for just this opportunity to move in a forward and positive way with the industry, I urge all that have an interest in a fair and beneficial association to contact Bill at OAHPI@yahoo.ca so questions can be answered and we can all move forward as a unified industry and allow our professionalism show through.

Well, it’s like they say, “Bit dogs holler!” They are so desperate to once again voice they’re unwanted opinions, they resort to sending ugly PM’s. The dogs that is.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31092

Post No. 4

Actually just to clarify, and to correct a misnomer, OAHI is not officially dead, it is on life support. There has been no dissolutionment of the corporation.

Lets try and keep things in perspective, thats how rumours get started! :mrgreen: :wink:

BS we do not need another load, why not let the cookies fall where they may with regards to the other and not drift from the original thread.
Let’s welcome and explore a new association that is a welcome and wanted association where prior associations are not a conflict where we all ( regardless of associations) can band as Canadians furthermore as Ontarians and as professionals with the same goal to better our industry, educate the public and create and equal opportunity for ALL ONTARIO home inspectors is fantastic, and needed:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I will support either Bill’s new group or a reformed OAHI. It may take a near bankruptcy, an intervention by the the government, a general revolt by the membership and a totally new governing body to bring OAHI back from the brink of death, but nothing is impossible. And let’s be honest, OAHI has a lot of good, quality dedicated members, a stable and well defined structure, a ‘well known’ name and presence in the industry and supporting legislation from the provincial government. OAHI has inertia.

In short, “She ain’t dead yet!” But it might take a miracle.

Bill and his supporters have their work cut out for them. Anyone who thinks that the OAHI is going to go without a fight is under estimating that organization. I wish Bill the best of luck. If he can pull together a new organization that does not become a home for the merely disaffected and a new club for the good old boys; if he can find local representatives that do not represent all the old attitudes; if he can give us an organization that offers participation not rule, help not repressive regulation, education not indoctrination then the success of this new organization is guaranteed.
And I will be happy to be a member.

George:

I think OAHI has a do not resuscitate order if it becomes incapicitated.

Actually many realtors and the public are not cognizant of OAHI or RHI because OAHI has failed repeatedly in effective repetitive advertising. Provincially speaking the PR dollars in the budget have been concentrated in the Toronto region. Last year OAHI spent $15K on the Toronto Realestate Board show in Toronto while ignoring the rest of the province.

There is no longer any inertia in OAHI - the AGM in May did not have a quorum and only after a two hour delay was there a quorum in order for the AGM to proceed. Even when it did start it was clear from the outset that the BOD and certain members of the clique stiffled/denied to fully disclose financial info or answer a number of very poignant questions about the finances. The membership does not care any longer about OAHI, they have bought into a association that historically has abused the members, taken their money and padded their own positions and wallets without providing any material meaning benefits. The latest membership benefit to go was the CAFE!

The only reason OAHI continues to exist is because naive students are pretty much keeping it afloat financially. There is a high turnover rate with students. $ Cha Ching $ Cha Ching $

please stick to the thread, the other is really not bearing on this

Bill Mullen,

If I can be of any assistance, just call.

Bill:

Put me on your contact list please. I clicked on the link in your first post but just got something from Yahoo about changing e-mail addresses.

Very interested in a new and better org for Ontario Inspectors

Thanks

Bill

Can you give us an idea as to how much the fee will be now that its been restructured?

Bill Count me in and if you need any help let me know

Hey Bill!

I've already emailed you privately on this issue, but I want to let everyone know how much I'm in favour of this proposal. Bill DeVries said it well, and I for one, am willing to give you whatever help I can, to see this proposal become a reality.

Bill
As someone now sitting on the outside looking in all I can say is one word.
Finally
Anything I can do to help, please do not hesitate to ask.
Larry

Thanks, Larry, Harold and everyone.

We are working feverishly now to get our ducks in a row (legal, financial, outside assistance, etc.) so forgive us if you don’t hear much for a week or so.
But, keep the faith. We are going to succeed.
Bill Mullen

Why don’t you all just join iNACHI?

Bump??

Paul:

I’m a bit surprised that you would ask that. We want our members to be able to receive full recognition from Government and other groups, similar to other CAHPI groups.

The main point in the new Mission Statement is that all OAHPI members must be National Certificate Holders or must commit to apply for it right away.

Would people be able to get their National Certification using the credentials from iNACHI? Don’t forget, they need to be verified credentials. We hope to be able to help iNACHI members get their NCH.

Also, OAHPI will hopefully become a part of the CAHPI family, and any association so inclined must be Canadian based.

OAHPI also intends to immediately apply for an Equivalency Agreement with the NCA, and that is something iNACHI has refused to do.

Nothing against iNACHI, but it is just not compatible with the aims of our group.

Bill Mullen