Obama and your guns

How does Obama vote on guns? Look

Here too

Thanks Michael!

Interesting that you’d rather believe the spin from a right-wing pressure group, than what the candidate actually says.

Obama on guns

The pair of you should start checking the occasional fact.

Gerry

Gerry,

Is the NRA lying? yes or no

Looks like it to me, their message is clearly not what Obama is saying.

Gerry

I noticed Obama did not address a single point the NRA mentioned.

Nothing about what type of guns.
Nothing about what type of ammo.
Nothing.

That’s quite right, HE HAS SAID NOTHING on the subject, has the NRA got a crystal ball? or are they just psychic?

Or are they a right wing lobbyist group?

want any more help with that Mike, let me know!!

Gerry

If Obama Is Pro-Gun, Why Are Leading Anti-Gun and Anti-Hunting Groups Endorsing Him?

[http://www.gunbanobama.com/Templates/c63367a2-996a-422c-9afd-0d6f49a0ca86/Images/ahsa250.jpg](http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4189)             [http://www.gunbanobama.com/Templates/c63367a2-996a-422c-9afd-0d6f49a0ca86/Images/bradyendorse250.jpg](http://www.bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=1040)

More Fun Facts

On the Second Amendment, Don’t Believe Obama

But his real record, based on votes taken, political associations, and long standing positions, shows that Barack Obama is a serious threat to Second Amendment liberties. Don’t listen to his campaign rhetoric! Look instead to what he has said and done during his entire political career.

I got no clue Mike, maybe they think he’s the best candidate, no single issue realy has that much effect.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry,

It’s the same on the abortion issue( and most others )

Groups endorse the candidate that they believe will advance their cause.

The presidential primary season is finally over, and it is now time for gun owners to take a careful look at just where nominee Barack Obama stands on issues related to the Second Amendment. During the primaries, Obama tried to hide behind vague statements of support for “sportsmen” or unfounded claims of general support for the right to keep and bear arms.
But his real record, based on votes taken, political associations, and long standing positions, shows that Barack Obama is a serious threat to Second Amendment liberties. Don’t listen to his campaign rhetoric! Look instead to what he has said and done during his entire political career.

http://www.nraila.org/images/Obamasm.jpg

FACT: Barack Obama opposes four of the five Supreme Court justices who affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms. He voted against the confirmation of Alito and Roberts and he has stated he would not have appointed Thomas or Scalia.17</B>
FACT: Barack Obama voted for an Illinois State Senate bill to ban and confiscate “assault weapons,” but the bill was so poorly crafted, it would have also banned most semi-auto and single and double barrel shotguns commonly used by sportsmen.18
FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1
FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15
FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3
FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9
FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2
FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4
FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people
who use firearms in self-defense.5
**FACT: **Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6
FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.
FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7
FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8 I doubt that any pro gun person would serve on the board of this Foundation.
FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9
FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10
FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11
FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2
FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14
FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.16
FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9
FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9
FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9
<DIV align=center style1>

I never listen seriously to what anyone says regardless of the letter behind their names. Politicians lie! That is all anyone has to know about campaign promises. Most of what they say they are going to do they can’t, either by law or by the circumstances existing at the time…and they all know this. Look at what they have DONE! Generally, they have repeatedly done the opposite of what they say they are going to do, especially if they are lawyers. They are trained to lie or parse the truth. That having been said;

http://www.gunbanobama.com/Default.aspx?NavGuid=8338d50b-279a-4cb0-b982-0a65fe19dfb9&t=Quiz

From the horses mouth. “I will not going to take your shotgun away, I won’t take your rifle away, I will not take your handgun away”, Obama.

Sportsmen for Obama

Of course he supports the second amendment. It’s in the constitution he will have to swear to uphold.

He mentions common sense laws.
Who’s common sense?
The gun toting conservative or the anti gun liberal?

And no discussion of his past voting record on the issue.
Makes me go Hmmmm?

http://blueherald.com/uploads/Batocchio/RW_Cartoons/2008/6_15_08/_Asay_4_9_08_Obama_guns.jpg

Obama will be just about as successful at changing the 2nd Amendment as Ronald Reagan & George Bush I & II were in ending Row V. Wade, it just ain’t within the scope of their office and way above their pay grade. :mrgreen:

The danger doesn’t lie with Obama, it lies in the fact that an Obama presidency will remove any semblance of balance from the government.

This campaign really began 8 years ago. The left has done a fantastic job of getting the public to believe that all of our woes originate from the right. “Schoolgirl whining” obviously works. Unfortunately our financial, social, and economic dillemas are a direct and irrefutable result of a left-wing welfare philosophy that no right-winger wanted to be seen as opposing…stuffing people into the middle class that clearly didn’t belong there was not the fault of the right.

Now the right also stands to lose seats in congress further giving the crybabies their way. In the end, an Obama presidency is far more dangerous than just our guns. If the left gains complete control of every arm of government, we’d all better stock up on either ammunition or vaseline and wave goodbye to America.

Not true Joe, Obama, If elected very well could have the opportunity to seat two supreme court justices, who will be radically liberal like Obama. Once this happens, you may want to keep a look out for the guys in the black suits, there the ones who are going to pry your guns from your cold dead fingers. :wink:

Goes a lot deeper than hope & change for sure!