# of housing markets showing improvement doubled. See if your town is on this list:

The number of housing markets showing measurable improvement nearly doubled recently with the addition of 40 new metros to the National Association of Home Builders/First American Improving Market Index (IMI).

The IMI now boasts 76 improving markets, up from 41 in December. They are:

Florence,   AL 
  Tuscaloosa, AL       

Fayetteville, AR
San Jose, CA
Boulder, CO
Denver, CO
Fort Collins, CO
Greeley, CO
Bridgeport, CT
New Haven, CT
Washington, DC
Cape Coral, FL
Jacksonville, FL
Punta Gorda, FL
Athens, GA
Honolulu, HI
Ames, IA
Davenport, IA
Des Moines, IA
Dubuque, IA
Waterloo, IA
Kankakee, IL
Elkhart, IN
Indianapolis, IN
Lafayette, IN
Muncie, IN
Lake Charles, LA
Monroe, LA
New Orleans, LA
Worcester, MA
Ann Arbor, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Lansing, MI
Monroe, MI
Muskegon, MI
Minneapolis, MN
Columbia, MO
Joplin, MO
Jackson, MS
Fayetteville, NC
Winston-Salem, NC
Bismarck, ND
Fargo, ND
Grand Forks, ND
Lincoln, NE
Manchester, NH
Cincinnati, OH
Toledo, OH
Oklahoma City, OK
Tulsa, OK
Corvallis, OR
Erie, PA
Philadelphia, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Williamsport, PA
Chattanooga, TN
Clarksville, TN
Kingsport, TN
Nashville, TN
Amarillo, TX
College Station, TX
Corpus Christi, TX
Dallas, TX
Laredo, TX
McAllen, TX
Midland, TX
Odessa, TX
Sherman, TX
Tyler, TX
Victoria, TX
Danville, VA
Winchester, VA
Burlington, VT
Madison, WI
Casper, WY
Cheyenne, WY

Dropped from the list:

Anchorage, AK
Fort Wayne, IN
Canton, OH
Scranton, PA
Charleston, WV

Housing is starting to increase here oil companies are hiring big time drove past a small oil service company the other day that normally only had about 25 cars parked around the building they did not have enough parking for all employees must have been near a 100 cars parked even in the street.

I just signed an agreement for geology exploration on my land to start in June yellow gold is out black gold is in:D:D

The largest “town” in my market area of southern NH is on the list. January business has been double last years and I hope it continues. Last January was bad and there was also a lot of snow and that always slows down business. So far so good for 2012.

If they are including Southern NJ as part of Phila. Metro, I agree with this. Jan. 1, 2012 seemed to flip a switch around here.:wink:

This is my first post–just trying to get a feel for everything. Housing in New Mexico is pretty steady, which is a good sign; at least it’s not going down.

The housing market here in AZ is HOT, at least for homes under $200K. My son listed his home on Fri, sold it on Saturday for the asking price. The inventory is extremely low, more buyers than sellers.

Things have been hopping up here in Western Washington with multiple offers on the good stuff but we still have a large inventory. Flippers are starting to show up again and new construction is slowing coming back.