Ohio Home Inspector Licensing Law Update

(Moranda Evans) #1

On April 5, 2019, the law requiring Ohio home inspectors to have a license becomes effective. However, the law does not permit the Ohio home inspector licensing program to begin until the last appointment to the Ohio Home Inspector Board (Board) is made. The latest date the final appointment may be made is July 4, 2019.

Please see attached update. For additional information, visit InterNACHI’s Ohio Home Inspector Page.

(Nick Gromicko, CMI) #2

We have everything you need: How to Become a Licensed Home Inspector in Ohio - InterNACHI

(Nathaniel Perry) #3

Hey Nick,

Thanks for posting this information. I’ve only been in business for a year. If the only way to be grandfathered in is to meet the three points you have in blue in that linked document, I need to get to the House of Horrors before the April 5th date. The Florida HoH is a long way for me to go, so I want to check and see what happens there that gives me documentation that I’ve accomplished that point? Also, what are the hours it is open?

Nate
INSIGHT HOME INSPECTION SERVICES

(Joseph DePiero) #4

If you have passed the NHIE, have 80 hours of continuing education and have submitted 5 mock inspections thru interNACHI, I believe that will cover the 3 requirements

(Nathaniel Perry) #5

Meant to reply to Nick directly…

(Nathaniel Perry) #6

I have not taken the NHIE - just the InterNACHI exam.

(Nathaniel Perry) #7

Hey Nick,

Thanks for posting this information. I’ve only been in business for a year. If the only way to be grandfathered in is to meet the three points you have in blue in that linked document, I need to get to the House of Horrors before the April 5th date. The Florida HoH is a long way for me to go, so I want to check and see what happens there that gives me documentation that I’ve accomplished that point? Also, what are the hours it is open?

Nate
INSIGHT HOME INSPECTION SERVICES

(Kevin M. Leonard, CMI) #8