One of those inspections!

This hundred year old house had everything including this 2" crack in the foundation and when in doubt just go threw the beams. I found holes like this on two supporting beams in 3 different spots. How would you call it out?

LARGEHOLESINBEAMS (Small).jpg

2INCHCRACK (Small).jpg

George,

The first picture looks like the wires are going to the tail lights…:smiley:

The second picture looks like the stone foundation needs to be patched.

I wouldn’t make a big deal out of it.

What Dale said!!

No big deal

Cheers

Doug

Is that a steel beam? Are those unprotected (should be in conduit) branch circuit wires (120v/240v) going through a drilled hole in the STEEL girder without at least a protective grommet? Just curious. BTW, that would be a big deal.

The wires running through the beam should have protective plastic bushings.

As to the stone rubble it is not uncommon to see this in foundations of this type. It could be patched, but is a discretionary improvement or maintenance type issue.

What was the electrician thinking?

…electrician…???:roll: :roll:

O.K. Shoemaker!

Those look like individual wires. Shouldn’t they at least be romex or contained in a raceway/conduit of some sort?.

Homeowner installation.

The holes were nicely done.

What’s a trailer undercarriage doing in my family room??
Am I missing something here?

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Upon looking at the pic again, it appears at least a couple of those wires are low voltage type. If they are all low voltage it’s not a huge deal, but they would still need a protective grommet.

The holes appear to have had supply and return pipes from a boiler running through them? Just a thought…

Photo metrics of the picture; rasises a few questions.

Why does the four panel painted door looks so small in height when compared to the bottom of the beam?

Why would everything be painted except that ugly trailer beam with the taillight wiring?

The whole thing seems out of proportion. Why? Photo?

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: