Wth? Anyone ever seen anything like this and/or what would cause this on only one leg to deteriorate like that? I’ve seen sheathing deterioration plenty of times but never only on one wire like this. TIA.
I’ve not seen it that bad before, Josh.
And why larger gauge?
That is problem and needs correction.
It appears to be a combination of newer and older materials. I have never seen it quite like this.
Obviously it needs repair. I am just curious what happened? Lightening surge etc.
Looks like that damaged conductor has a different insulation type. Probably wasn’t sunlight resistant which is required for those service entrance conductors.
That’s one of the hot legs, must be addressed ASAP or sparks may fly, or worse fire and or electrocution.