Ontario Electrical Code Question

I don’t have the full code, only “The Ontario Electrical Code Simplified”, which I don’t always trust. It says that kitchen islands must have an electrical outlet.
Could someone who has the full code please post the wording relating to outlets on kitchen islands.
Thanks in advance

Give Roy Cooke a call!

He seems to have too much time on his hands…

Is always bragging about being a Master Electrician for 40 years…

And being a CMI…

And being the oldest member (not the longest, just the oldest)…

And how he constantly helps Canadian" Inspectors…

Funny I rarely see him helping anyone in the Electrical threads!
Wonder why???

Wish I could help you, John, but I’m not familiar with Canada’s Codes, Sorry.

QUOTE=jjonas;950499]Give Roy Cooke a call!

He seems to have too much time on his hands…
I wonder what business it is of yours if I have time on my hands.

Is always bragging about being a Master Electrician for 40 years…
I never was a master electrician and never bragged about that.
And being a CMI…You continue to see to be extremely jealous about those who are a CMI . What a sad way to go through life always complaining.

And being the oldest member (not the longest, just the oldest)…
Wrong again Rudolf is older then I am by a few years .
I would be interested to hear who is the longest serving Canadian .
And how he constantly helps Canadian" Inspectors…
Well now you finally got some thing right ,I am proud of you.
http://www.nachi.org/forum/f13/thank-heavens-nick-75116/

Funny I rarely see him helping anyone in the Electrical threads!
Wonder why???
Well this is again where I am smarter then you I know my short coming and let others who know more them me give the answer , not like you who thinks he is an expert on many things .

Wish I could help you, John, but I’m not familiar with Canada’s Codes, Sorry.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the plug Jeffery but like many of your other post,s you again are making some errors. See above in RED. I started the Trade in November 22 ,1951 as a registered apprentice .
Became a licensed Industrial Electrician in 1956. went on also become a Maintenance electrician,
I quit working as an Industrial electrician about 1986 and have not had a code book since then .
Now I would like to know why you feel you need to post incorrect information about me.
I do not know about you but I never was a code inspector

Hello John - I hope this will help you and other inspectors in Ontario…
[FONT=ArialMT][size=2]
Rule 26-712(d)(iii) specifies that the wall space behind a sink, counter stove top, other built-in equipment or isolated counter work sections less than 300mm long is not required to be provided with a receptacle outlet.

The “Direction 1” provides the same exclusions for island and peninsular receptacles. When an island or a peninsula has a sink, counter stove top or other built-in equipment that covers almost the entire counter space, a receptacle is not required.

**[FONT=Arial-BoldMT][size=2][FONT=Arial-BoldMT][size=2]Direction 1
**[/size][/size][/FONT][FONT=ArialMT][size=2]For the purpose of Rule 26-712(d)(iv) and (v), if an island or a peninsula has a sink or built-in equipment that makes some of the counter space unusable, the usable counter space shall be at least 300 mm long when excluding the sink or built-in equipment.
[/size][/FONT]
[/FONT][/size][/FONT]

Hi John,

Maybe this will help you out:

Cheers,

Thanks guys, that’s exactly what I needed.