Passing NHIE? Please help!

Study, study, study

You may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI® and preparing/studying for the exam.

Get your hands on these two books

Study them cover to cover multiple times.

When taking the test, take your time and read every question carefully.

4 Likes

Purchase the Nhie books and study them.

3 Likes

I just finished a 8 day webinar class with ICA Schools; 8 long 10 hrs days. The day after I reviewed all the slides, SOP and Ethics. The test is based on the ASHI SOP and ethics, not InterNACHI- very close though. The day after that I tested. Finished in 107 minutes (240 max) and scored a 640. The version test I had was not technical. Mostly common sense. After I got home, I went thru the NHIE books and highlighted what I could remember.

Note: I also completed the CPI certification during COVID before the exam.

great job, Doug!

Ernest, try this:

Contact some CMIs or CPIs within 40 to 50 miles, or closer, to your area and communicate with them. Maybe one, or more, will help you. Some inspectors feel as though they are training their competition by ride-alongs or mentoring or hiring.

Here is the link for CMIs: Find a Certified Master Inspector®

And the link for CPIs: Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI®

And Mentors: Home Inspector Mentoring - InterNACHI®

Also, you may want to take advantage of your Education Team at education@internachi.org for specific questions e.g. 15 Steps to Become a Successful Home Inspector - InterNACHI®

Best to you,
Larry

1 Like

Damn! I was under the impression that asking IS researching.

Not even close!