PHPIO oddly brags about education being recognized by a known diploma mill, but...

Sean, sure. We’d be happy to work with any other association and often do.

We have heard this in the past.

Nick:

What exactly is the stumbling block?

They haven’t told us why they haven’t accepted them yet.

As far as I know, every other inspector organization accepts InterNACHI’s courses as do most states.

Of course we can’t accept our own courses for them. Acceptance is a unilateral action that doesn’t need any agreement. I hope they do some day. Our courses are the best.

We accept theirs www.nachi.org/cont_education.htm

Agreed, however Bill keeps mentioning some type of signed agreement.

It seems that is all that it takes, some signed agreement. What can that hurt?

Cheers

No clue. Why would a course provider need to agree to anything? There’s the course, take it, approve it. Let’s not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

They won’t approve ANY of our courses oddly, but they’ll list a known diploma mill on their website.

[quote=“gromicko, post:25, topic:32948”]

No clue. Why would a course provider need to agree to anything? There’s the course, take it, approve it. Let’s not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Care to answer Bill?

Cheers

I think InterNACHI’s approval process is the best. ww.nachi.org/cont_education.htm … and knowing that approval charges would be passed on to the inspector trying to better him/herself… InterNACHI charges nothing for approval.

Bull****, Nick.

PHPIO has had their doors open only one week, so give us a bit of time. Nobody has refused to approve anything. We don’t have the luxury of having a dictatorship in which one person makes all the decisions. We are a democracy and if that means it takes more than two minutes to make a decision, so be it.

If your or anyone’s courses meet the requirements, they will be approved. Frankly, however, I’m getting pretty tired of you taking shots at us and anyone who doesn’t 100% agree with your way of doing things. I have spent a lot of time and money trying to bring your group closer to my groups but obviously you don’t agree.

At this point we can approve only courses and course providers that we know meet our criteria.

Bill Mullen

Really??? Then how did ASHI get listed in one week?

You say there is an agreement that has to be signed. I’ll call Brion at ASHI on Monday and ask what agreement he signed with PHPIO but until then, may I ask how he got it so quickly?

NICK, NICK, NICK ! You have an unfortunate habit of asking difficult questions. These dedicated guys have only been working on this for a year ( or two ?) and now you come along and ask questions? SHAME !:mrgreen:

"At this point we can approve only courses and course providers that we know meet our criteria."

Sounds more and more like OAHI all the time, but that is not surprising considering who makes up some of the founding membership of the board of directors.

Call anybody you like. I spent about five hours meeting with the ASHI rep to CAHPI in Halifax last week. We did a lot of hard work.

From your responses and Lucky George’s tone, I take it you don’t want me to spend any more time on trying to get recognition for your courses. I’m a bit surprised, though Nick, that you feel a need to attack the only person in Canada who has been trying to get a better deal for your members.
Thanks for taking me off the hook.

Bill Mullen

The largest inspection association in the world and the largest inspection school system in the world recognizes our courses as does nearly every licensed state: www.nachi.org/education.htm

Me thinks you have the pecking order backwards. PHPIO needs the recognition, InterNACHI is the recognizer.

Let’s not forget what association controls the entire inspection industry.

PHPIO picked the wrong horse IMHO.

$$$$$!

Oh come on guys. I asked questions in an effort to move things along.

I, for one, don’t understand all this animosity

We really don’t need a pissing contest.

Why don’t we try to get along and play nice?

It might make things better for all :slight_smile:
Cheers

We’ll be okay in a while, Doug. Nick fails to understand that I can’t just wave a wand like he can and Voila!! things are as I want them. PHPIO is a democracy run by the members, not just one person. If he’s afraid NACHI isn’t being heard in PHPIO, there are four active NACHI members on the BOD and two previous NACHI members.

Nick knows we are working to sort things out, but he feels a need to do his ‘I am the greatest’ routine all the time. I’m afraid in Canada he does not carry much weight where it is needed. He could, if he would cooperate a bit with others.

PHPIO wasn’t created to change the world, and it is not intended to replace any other association. Its mission is very simple, as our Mission Statement says:
**PHPIO is committed to offering every home inspector in Ontario, regardless of their past or present affiliation, a clear path to the National Certification. **

That’s all…no bells and whistles or fancy offers. This was all made necessary because the NCP is the future for Canadian inspectors, and OAHI refuses to help people with the process, and NACHI won’t participate unless Nick can make the rules.
(BTW: The NCA has appointed two NACHI members to the very powerful National Certification Council)

Why do we recognize ASHI education? Well, PHPIO follows the lead of the NCA and CAHPI. They have reciprocal agreements with ASHI and that’s good enough for us. NACHI and Nick have refused time after time to try to work with Claude and me to arrange some reciprocal arrangement.

Bill Mullen

Thanks Bill

Okay Nick, your turn

Cheers

" Lucky George "
I am hurt to the quick ! Funny, Bill, how soon you resort, revert to name calling when you are challenged. I think we have all seen this sad performance during one of your tirades defending OAHI or the NCP in times past.

Same old dogs.

No new tricks.

Something smells fishy Bill Mullet.

Come on George lets try to be helpful!

Generally recognition of education comes in a variety of flavours and forms. On one end in Canada - we have educational courses recognized by the provincial education ministry such as Colleges & Universities and on the opposite end self-created courses directed at serving as some indicate the “dilpoma mill” model.

The vast difference generally lies after reviewing many of these courses in quality and applicabilty to providing the required tasks and skills to the home inspector practitioner. Some have minimal value - therefore minimal credits, while others that do meet the National Occupational Standard are credited with a higher value.

Other important decision making criteria is based on the applicability of a home inspection course benchmarked against the National Occupational Standards, more in particular to the latest version.

As Bill M, has indicated many associations have applied for recognition; and likewise many educational course/home inspection program training providers have applied and in many cases received recognition. It is not mandatory, but if one does not apply - there is no recognition provided by the governance body for “certification and/or accreditation”.

We can debate why iNACHI has not received acknowledgement - but Bill has already offered the answer to that question. It’s unfortunate some want to make it out as something different.

I’m sure he will come along in a while

cheers