PICs: I finished up the framing of a cantilevered barn staircase today

Here is a barn staircase that I designed and built myself. I completed it today. It consists of four sets of stairs, 12 stringers, and three cantilevered landings spanning two floors. Due to expansive soils in the area, the entire staircase floats off of beams that have load paths down 35 feet to bedrock. The bottom stairs are designed to give, if the slab moves. Material is steel, LVL, LSL and Advantek. It is ready for steel railings and oak treads.

6 Likes

Impressive.

3 Likes

NICE

4 Likes

Looks good! :+1:

4 Likes

sweet !!!<not ten characters,

3 Likes

Thought about living in a build of that type of design…

Looks great!

5 Likes

Good looking carpentry.

1 Like

All I can say is WOW!

1 Like

Latest PICs of stairs:

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

I drove by your house a few weeks ago and saw you were building another barn by the front gate. How’s that project coming along?

Silo was a pain in the butt to frame, but we got it.

1 Like

Nice, when I drove by, the silo was wrapped and the framers were just starting their day, working on the exterior walls.
Looks like you have plenty of steel in that floor. :+1: If you don’t mind me asking, who supplied the concrete?

It’s that outfit at Aggregate and 119 that used to be Martin Marietta. But we rent a pump truck separately.

1 Like

Oh OK, that’s SRM. Next time you need mud, let me know what you need and I’ll see if I can get you a better $$$.

He can afford the going rate. :wink:

1 Like