Plastic pipe

BTW - NSF no longer stands for that. True statement.

Educate us and tell us what it stands for Mike. :slight_smile:

NSF;-).

http://www.sleepfoundation.org/

:mrgreen::wink:

It doesn’t.

It used too but no longer. I was working in compliance engineering when the change was made.

** General Regulatory Questions **

1.                   **What do the letters "NSF" stand for?**                       The letters in our organization's name do not actually stand for any specific words today. They were derived from our founding name dating back to the 1940s, which was the National Sanitation Foundation. Our name was changed to NSF International in the early 1990s when the National Sanitation Foundation and NSF Testing Labs were merged. 

Here is the History of NSF

NSF International, founded in 1944 as the National Sanitation Foundation, is known for the development of standards, product testing and certification services in the areas of public health, safety and protection of the environment. The following timeline takes you through NSF’s history, step by step:

• 1944 - Walter Snyder, Henry Vaughn and Nathan Sinai found the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) in the School of Public Health, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
  • 1952 - The National Sanitation Foundation Testing Laboratory (NSFTL) is chartered and the Food Equipment Program starts. In addition, NSF establishes the Council of Public Health Consultants.
  • 1960 – Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Products Certification Program starts.
  • 1963 - NSF opens regional offices.
  • 1965 - Plastics Piping and Wastewater Treatment Programs start.
  • 1976 - Biosafety Cabinetry Program starts with an award from the National Institutes of Health.
  • 1980 - Drinking Water Treatment Units Program starts.
  • 1984 - Bottled Water Program starts. Health Advisory Board is established.
  • 1985 - Drinking Water Additives Program starts with a cooperative agreement from the US EPA.
  • 1985 - NSF opens an office in Brussels, Belgium.
  • 1987 - NSF laboratory opens in Sacramento, California.
  • 1990 - NSF and NSFTL merge and the name is changed to NSF International.
  • 1991 - NSF receives accreditation by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for its product certification programs. NSF establishes networking agreements with KIWA (The Netherlands), JIA (Japan and Korea) and Jenny Hung (Taiwan, R.O.C.). ISO 9000 program starts.
  • 1993 - NSF receives accreditation from Netherlands-based Raad voor Accreditatie (RvA).
  • 1994 - NSF establishes a networking agreement with IMTA (Mexico).
  • 1996 - NSF-ISR is established as a wholly-owned subsidiary of NSF International.
  • 1996 - NSF establishes a joint certification agreement with the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
  • 1996 - NSF is selected as a Collaborating Centre on Drinking Water Safety and Treatment by the World Health Organization (WHO).
  • 1997 - NSF is selected as a Collaborating Centre on Food Safety by the World Health Organization (WHO).
  • 1997 - NSF opens an office in Nairobi, Kenya.
  • 1998 - NSF opens offices in Tokyo, Japan and Sydney, Australia.
  • 1999 - The Center for Public Health Education at NSF International, a new division of NSF, is founded.
  • 1999 - The Toxicology Group, LLC, a wholly-owned company, is founded.
  • 1999 - NSF establishes a partnership with WRc in London.
  • 2000 - Nairobi office moves to Cairo, Egypt.
  • 2001 - NSF acquires Cook & Thurber, LLC, the leading provider of processed-based product safety and quality audits for the food, beverage, animal feed, and packaging industries.
  • 2001 - NSF forms a strategic partnership with the National Nutritional Foods Association (NNFA), the nation’s largest trade organization for manufacturers, retailers, and suppliers of natural products, to provide the most comprehensive certification program for the dietary supplements industry.
  • 2001 - NSF acquires the Institute for Nutraceutical Advancement (INA), an organization that develops and validates analytical methods for testing botanical ingredients.
  • 2002 - NSF launches food microbiological testing and sanitation audit services for the supermarket industry.
  • 2003 - NSF launches national consumer advertising campaign and the Scrub Club.
  • 2004 - NSF acquires Quality Assurance International, Inc. (QAI, Inc.), the global leader in organic certification.
  • 2004 - NSF opens office in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
  • 2005 - NSF International Strategic Registrations, Ltd. (NSF-ISR) acquires the operations of Deloitte & Touche Quality Registrar Inc.
  • 2005 - NSF expands testing operations in Taiwan with new laboratory in Taichung.
  • 2006 - NSF International establishes NSF Shanghai Co. Ltd. in the People’s Republic of China.
  • 2006 - NSF International partners with the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) to offer a certification program to minimize the risk that a sports nutrition product or supplement contains prohibited substances.
  • 2006 - NSF International partners with Philippine Government to develop drinking water standards.
  • 2006 - NSF partners with international food equipment experts to develop CEN Workshop Agreement for commercial food equipment.
  • 2006 - NSF International and the Centre Scientifique et Technique du Bâtiment announce strategic partnership to certify residential drinking water treatment products to European Standards.
  • 2006 - NSF International acquires Davis Fresh Technologies, the premier provider of food safety audits for the perishable food industry.
  • 2007 - NSF completes 80,000 square-foot laboratory expansion.
  • 2007 - NSF acquires CMi.
  • 2007 - NSF acquires David Begg Associates.

And today they are known for;

NSF International is The Public Health and Safety Company™, providing public health and safety risk management solutions to companies, governments and consumers around the world.:):smiley:

Correct. Similar thread. TPR pipe, can I be PVC ? - Plumbing Inspections - InterNACHI®️ Forum

Thanks for the education. The combination of materials was throwing me - not that it takes THAT much!
When I see those type of fittings, I automatically think “PB”, but the pipe and markings ON the pipe didn’t match. I knew I’d get the answers here. Thanks again.
This was a condo - one of three I have done in this particular complex - and all have the same plumbing. I’m going to follow up more with the complex.