policy and procedure manuals for inspectors

:cool:
Does any one have any ideas where I can get a policy and procedure manual that replates to the inspection industry.

Most P&P manuals I have seen, were written by corporate HR departments.

So get yourself an HR department and get to work! :cool:

Hey John,

A policy and procedure manual should be specific to your company. You have to decide what policies you want to implement in your company. There is probably tons of beggining generic info on how to write a policy and procedure manual, like an outline. I Think you first have to decide on your outline. something like:

A) Company History

1. Mission Statement

B) Hiring Procedures

1. Qualifications
  2. Training

C) Probation Period

D) Benefits

1. Holidays
  2. Sick Days
    a) Call in procedures
  3. Vacations
    a) Scheduling procedures
  4. 401k

E) Vehicles

1. Milage Recording and/or re-imbursement procedures
  2. Signage
  3. Maintenance

F) Inspection Procedures
yata yata yata

Something like that,

You can probably get a good Idea on what to write by looking at some other businesses company policies, from any industry. The point is that you will probably have to develop one that is tialored to your business.

I don’t know if I helped you at all but this is my thought on it.

Hi John,

Inspection Depot has a business systems set of 6 manuals with corresponding CDs I think would help you. They were written specifically for the home inspection industry by home inspectors. The set contains: Business Systems and Standard Operating Procedures Manual, Home Inspectors Employee and Personnel Manual, Additional Managerial Systems and Agreements for Legal, Employee and Marketing Issues, Home INspection Administrative Process-New Office Staff training Manual, Recruitment Guidelines for Office Staff and Home Inspectors, and New Home Inspectors Orientation and Traiing Manual. The set of 6 books and 6 CDs is $1199. You can also buy each individually for between $399-$499. Each CD contains Word and Excel files and are completely editable for you to use to fit your company. We are running a special on just the CDs for $699. They are normally $899. Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or would like to order.

Catherine Demsky
cdemsky@inspectiondepot.com