Welcome To Questions of The Week!
A member of the Awards Committee will post questions at random.
Members may make one post per question thread to answer the questions, and the member’s winning entry must have all parts of the questions answered completely in that one post.
No editing is allowed and INELIGIBLE members will be disqualified.
First correct answers (as judged by the Awards Committee or Poster of the Questions) wins.
Request your choice by emailing email@example.com and submitting your Mailing address for shipping.
Choose your prize from the following list!:
** $50.00 gift certificate from Inspector Outlet
** Case of books “Now That You’ve Had A Home Inspection”
1) Which of the following describes partial vapor pressure?
A) Water vapor has a tendency to disperse itself equally in the available air.
B) Water vapor causes new homes to require house wrap.
C) Water vapor is common with forced induction natural gas furnaces.
D) Water vapor is an indication of sick house syndrome.
2) In order for soffit vents to operate properly, there MUST be:
A) A clear air channel between the roof boards and the insulation.
B) An absence of insect, bee, and bird nests.
C) Vents on both ends on the outside.
D) Continuous vent strips on the length of the soffit.
3) Home inspectors report receptacles with reversed polarity as potentially hazardous because: A) They contribute to the overheating of the receptacle. B) They increase the shock likelihood at connected equipment. C) Single phase appliance motors will run backwards. D) They trip ground fault circuit interrupter outlets. 4) The term "wet vent" refers to a: A) Vent that traps water and therefore stays wet. B) Vent located above the roof line and exposed to rain. C) Vent that runs outside an exterior wall. D) Waste line that also functions as a vent.
5) Which statement BEST describes the action a home inspector should take when a safety issue is found in a home?
A) Determine the degree of immediacy, and report to the appropriate parties.
B) Explain verbally to the client, but do not include in a written report.
C) Repair the problem when possible.
D) Shut down the system and call a repair contractor.
6) When a water heater thermostat is set at 140 ° F or higher, a ______ should be installed to temper the water.
A) Temperature probe
B) Mixing probe
C) Mixing valve
D) Temper valve
Bonus Question – What is Nick’s complete name?