Repeat Inspection of Same Property?

Originally Posted By: fduemig
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I received a call from Miss. Realtor asking me to inspect a property for her client. After the inspection, as I was giving the client a summary of my findings, he said he had another property he liked better and could I inspect it the next day, which I did.

This morning, Miss Realtor called and asked me to inspect the first property I did, for another prospective buyer, the original client had backed out of the deal.

How should I handle this inspection? I know some conditions can be different, but it will mostly be the same. Do I reduce the fee dramatically because the previous report will be very close to the new one?

Thanks

Fred Duemig

Originally Posted By: tallen

New client new inspection.

Full price or maybe $25 off for the realtor.

Tell the client in front of everyone that>>>>>>
Your realtor saved you $25 !! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
I have put the past behind me,
where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: pdacey

Full price. Treat it as if you were never there before. The information you gathered for the first inspection belongs to the first customer. You can not pass that information along to the new customer without the consent of the first customer.

New client, new inspection.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Ditto Patrick’s post.

Originally Posted By: rkulla

I agree with Patrick. New client-New report, same money.

It should be a breeze doing the report.

Rex Kulla

Custom Home Inspections

Maple Grove, MN

(612) 799-3093

Originally Posted By: Joel Corwith

I agree it’s a new inspection, perform a complete inspection. Your customer is not the agent, but the buyer. And,… lucky dog you!

Now what if you being asked to inspected a house which you inspected for the seller when they had purchased the property?,... In my book, that's something you would disclose as a possble conflict of interest.

Joel. phx

Originally Posted By: James D Mosier

Joel Corwith wrote:
I agree it's a new inspection, perform a complete inspection. Your customer is not the agent, but the buyer. And,... lucky dog you!

Now what if you being asked to inspected a house which you inspected for the seller when they had purchased the property?,... In my book, that's something you would disclose as a possble conflict of interest.

Joel. phx

Reinspecting the same house for the next buyer is a new inspection. The seller is a previous client not a current one. Where's the conflict?

--
Jim Mosier

Originally Posted By: Joel Corwith

James D Mosier wrote:

Reinspecting the same house for the next buyer is a new inspection. The seller is a previous client not a current one. Where's the conflict?

You had a prior paid relationship with the seller on the same property. I don't consider it a conflict, but my client might. I'd let them decide. Same if the seller was someone you knew pretty well.

Joel. phx