September 11th

Originally Posted By: mrose
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Mike Rose

Cornerstone Home Inspection Co. LLC

Lawrenceville, GA

www.cornerstonehomeinspect.com

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Mike

I couldn’t get your link to work but was thinking the same thing this morning.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/neverforget3.jpg

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: gjohnson

I don’t think anyone will ever forget. I can still remember everything as it happened. I remember getting a call from my brother and him telling me that a plane hit the WTC and I didn’t believe him because he likes to joke. Just as I turned on the TV the second plane hit and I was shocked. I had to leave to go down to Baltimore City and I remember the drive and that I just kept looking in the sky.

Gary (Snicker’s) Johnson - Free NACHOS

The NACHI Foundation

Executive Director

301-591-9895

Originally Posted By: nlewis

In northern NJ we were hit hard. Everybody I talked to after 9/11/01 knew of somebody who died that day.

I just went with my 9 year old daughter to a memorial to the 12 people killed from my town. One father had 5 kids ranging from 2 to 9 years old.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

This was a very sad day for all of us. The memories will linger forever.

My regards to all those families who suffered from the losses of their loved ones.

Just a bit o' humor ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)
http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/usrimages/kingkong.jpg

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Igor,

Now I'm going to cry. You hurt my feelings.

Img tags are now deleted. OK ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

There you go Igor I was thinking of you when I loaded that this morning I guessed you’d be telling me off for it icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Joe, thats the best post you ever made, or will make, well said.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

On Sept 11th, 2001, I was driving to work along River Road in NJ. In the distance, I could see smoke billowing skywards. A WTC Tower was burning. A large hole could be seen in its side.

I worked in Jersey City at the time, at Exchange Place. Exchange Place was the next stop on the PATH train, under the Hudson, to the WTC. As I parked and got out of my car, the second tower was struck by a plane. The explosion was unbelievable. Like a huge bomb. Seeing ir on TV was nothing like seeing it unfold before your eyes. I was on the water, directly across from the towers.

People on the street were walking towards me, MAD because the PATH trains had been shut down, and they would have to find another way into the City. It was then announced that the Pentagon had been struck by a plane.

As people were complaining, I started screaming at them as to what the f*ck was wrong with them. The US was under attack and they were worried about how their day would be affected.

My co-workers and I watched from the rooftop of our building. I had personally been in meetings 2 or 3 times each week in the North Tower with the folks from Merrill Lynch. From the North Tower, we could see people jumping out of the windows. I turned to dial my wife on the cell phone, and heard a terriffic roar. A moment later a tower was gone, as if it had never existed. Unbelievable...

Women from my office were weeping. Men were screaming with rage, eyes filled with tears. A co-workers wife had returned to work that week, fresh off of maternity leave. I will never forget the look on his face. He had a newborn at home. Suddenly, the top section of the remaining tower started peeling at the sides, as the structure gave way. The remaining tower came straight down... and there it was.

Folks, nothing seen by America on TV that morning could adequately describe the destruction and carnage witnessed first-hand. It was an unbelievable sight that I will NEVER FORGET. The magnitude of the events that unfolded two years ago today is still hard to measure. America was under attack.

In the following weeks, the string of seemingly endless funerals ensued through our town. I live in a relatively small community of many NYFD firefighters and NYPD and NYPA police officers. In all, 88 Pearl River families lost loved ones that day.

One of the saddest things I saw was a tribute to the fallen at St. Margarets Elementary School. There was a display of hand written notes from the children, expressing their sorrow and prayers for the dead. In that array of letters, was one from an 8 year-old girl to her Dad, Captain Fred Ill, who also died that day. He was found several days later in a stairwell, where he and his men suffocated. She asked the Lord to keep and protect her Dad always, that she missed him and loved him, and that she knows he waits for her in heaven. I read it and started to cry...

What many people do not know, and which has remained relatively unknown, it that many folks were buried alive. Surviving for days or even up to 2 weeks. In the dark. Alone. The flesh from many victims fingers were worn to the bone, indicating that they tried in vain to scratch their way out.

Every elementary school in our town has a piece of the Trade Center in their courtyards, a gift from the State and City to our community. Our volunteer firefighters went to help. Our heavy equipment contractors sent every crane, loader, and truck they had to the site. It was an unbelievable pouring of compassion. These menorials are a constant reminder of the price my town paid as a result of these terrorist attacks.

A boy I new since he was 4, died that day. He was with a rescue company of the FDNY. Several years prior, another boy who lived next door to me while growing up, died in PanAm Flight 103 over Lockerbie Scotland, coming home to visit his folks for Christmas. Several folks I had worked with in the North Tower didn't make it out alive.

Terrorism needs to be killed where it starts. I find it most interesting that former Eastern Block countries lined up alongside the US and fought for what's right in Afganistan and in Iraq. They see the real evil in the world, and do not take freedom for granted. They realize that certain things must be fought for.

Bravo to them and bravo to us. We are the greatest country in the world, yet so many hate us. I say, to hell with them. The US is learning who its true allies are,and continue to be. England and Australia come to mind immediately.

To all the Monday-morning quarterbacks of the US Senate and House, and of course the UN, I say to either lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way.

As a symbol of our resolve, I'd start by bringing a wrecking ball to the East Side of NY, and erect a second memorial for ALL US victims of scumbag terrorists. I'd do it where the UN once stood...

Joe Farsetta

Thanks, Gerry…

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

What are YOU doing?

http://www.b4uclose.net/b4uclosehomeinspections/id25.html

--
Erby Crofutt
B4U Close Home Inspections
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: rking

Muskoka Home Inspections

“Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences”

Steering Committee Member At Large

Robert,

You are correct in my oversight of our allies to the north, Canada. You, too, have oproven to be friends through the years, and your contribution is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the non-mention...

After all, my favorite rock band of all time is from the Great White North...

Joe F.

Joe F,

I will gladly forgive you this time. After all you were probably watching that whole terrifying scene and the aftermath that you have personally encountered (families torn apart) once again while describing it ![icon_sad.gif](upload://nMBtKsE7kuDHGvTX96IWpBt1rTb.gif)
Personally I cannot even begin to imagine the picture live, it was bad enough on TV.
I can honestly say one thing about the aftermath of that day though; the U.S. of A most certainly showed the world that it (and ALL citizens) are ONE, and that the country has some powerful friends.

BTW, What band might that be?

--
Muskoka Home Inspections
"Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences"

Rush

Great Minds…

Muskoka Home Inspections

“Wisdom is the Anticipation of the Consequences”