Service entrance splice

This service entrance looks to me to be missing connectors. What say you?

Looks like split-bolt or vise-type splices wrapped with electrical tape – done all the time in my area, especially with thicker, commercial service drops.

I can see the connector to the neutral wire but the other two connections don’t look the same. Do you think there is a connector under the tape?

Around here you would use a split-bolt and tape on a service upgrade. Eventually the utility would come in and cut those off and install their own permanent crimp connectors.