Service panel fitment issues

Can someone help out with this panel and explain what’s going on with the fitment issues and how I can advise my client? Is this made for a fuse block panel instead of traditional breakers?

Possible narrative:

The electric service disconnect cabinet has the wrong dead front cover, whereas fingers can be inserted and touch live components. It is a safety hazard.

I recommend a qualified electrician make changes, as needed, to secure the holes and make the electric cabinet safe to use and not an electrocution hazard…or replace it.

I hope that helps you, Paul.

5 Likes

Based on the visible age, it’s outdated… change it out!! Time for an update!!

3 Likes

Simple advice to my client. " Based on the age of the service panel and possible alterations and/or retrofits of the fuses/breakers, it is recommended that a licensed electrical contractor or electrician further evaluate, correct and/or replace if deemed necessary…"

…and as JJ said, it needs to go… :sunglasses:

3 Likes

According to the label someone has removed the interior panelboard that originally contained fuses and replaced it with a panelboard that is solely circuit breakers. That creates not only problems with the cover but also problems with the listing of the original equipment.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the help guys.