SIDING

Originally Posted By: Craig Shap
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I came across siding that is water proof - smooth and rough in texture. The home is 17 years old.

The siding appears to be installed in sheets of 4 x 8 feet nailed to the frame of the home...It has a hollow sound when I knocked on it... I did come across a sample in the garage (that was a good thing) cause what I found was that the texture is a composite of cardborad similar to particle press cardboard...

There was no manufacture stamp on the reverse side...Has anyone ever come across the stough? If so, do you have insight on the manufacture for me?

--
CAS Atl GA.
The Hometeam Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Craig& welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you were looking at an LP siding product which is a compressed fibre board (which has been the subject of a class action suit) I have a link to it some where I’ll post it tomorrow.

regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Gerry,

Yeh, because the SH** gets damp and swells like your head, then fall apart! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) (just ribbing you)

Joe Myers

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Craig

Here is a link to one of the web sites with information on the various problems of MDF siding:

http://www.sidingclaims.com/

Hope this helps

Joe M. bite me ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: Craig Shap

Gerry - Thanks for getting back to me - – I have a feeling that it is a form of LP siding. I will do my fue dilligence to further investigate all of the above before submitting my report.

Thanks,

Mr C.

--
CAS Atl GA.
The Hometeam Inspection Service

Gerry,

Tisk, tisk, tisk...temper, temper! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers

Craig,

I could not help but notice you live close to my biggest pal on the earth, David Fogle. Do you know him? If you do, would you be so kind as to tell him that Joe Myers said to "go fish"! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Thanks in advance.

Joe Myers

PS. don't forget to duck!

Originally Posted By: jschmidt

Anyone got any pictures of that LP siding stuff so I can see ?

Curious James from Houston .