So what do you recommend on this leaky basement

install an interior drainage system and sump pump?

grading?

add a long downspout extension?

Drylok?

All of the above… it’s only money!! :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Clean the gutters :crazy_face:

3 Likes

dig up around the area outside, clean foundation wall and apply waterproofer to exterior wall.
its the only thing that will really help keep out water.
if you just let the water come through the wall eventually its going to get worse.
interior drains are just a easy way for companies to rip off home owners and not really fixing the problem.

the only real fix is to stop the water at the source.

2 Likes

Yep first thing I would do is stick my finger into the water at “fuse box”. Then I’d cut a trench into the concrete to help it drain. :grinning:

3 Likes

I agree with some of the answers. Water needs to be stopped before it gets inside. Anything done to the inside still allows water to penetrate the wall and will eventually break down the wall structure or find its way inside anyway. Best case is dig down the perimeter seal the wall and add drains around the outside with a sump inside. A ton of work but well worth the final results. Did it to my 117 year old home about 25 years and the basement has been dry ever since.

1 Like

just my 1 1/2 pennies… no need for a sump pump when the problem is, say an exterior crack in block wall n that is where-why-how the water is getting in

2 Likes