Square Payment Problem

I have been using Square since the early 2000’s no problem. About the Venmo our bank refuses to deal with them due to the fact once you run one transaction the person who is paying through Venmo now has your account information and can access anytime. My bank had many fraudulent actions when Venmo was being used, therefore they said so long.

You have been scammed

1 Like

Yea I know that’s why I tried it.

Doesn’t InterNACHI have a payment system they partner with?
G

They lost me when they decided to not allow any 2nd amendment related business to use their service.

2 Likes

I do not accept credit cards. I am cash, check or Venmo. No problems.

2 Likes

I do not accept Venmo, Zelle, or any of the other BS millennial methods available.
Cash, Local Check, PayPal ONLY!! (Including ANY of the funding sources that PayPal accepts… which includes INTERNATIONAL payments!
How many of those other wimpy other companies can say that? Nearly ZERO!

Yep, I do the same JJ

1 Like

You quit using Square, Joe?

I did for my Inspection business. I found it easier just to finalize the payment method at the time of booking, cash or check.

We find it great, with the contract, invoice and payment all under one system. Plus, we get notified when the contracts have been viewed and signed, when the invoices has been viewed and paid, etc. Inspections are paid before I leave home. Deposits have been on time as well. It’s very rare to have someone want to pay on site anymore.

2 Likes

Most of my clients are first time home buyers and Venmo is by far the easiest form of payment. Next to cash that is. And Venmo is owned by PayPal. Venmo was formed in 2009 and purchased by PayPal in 2012. I have used PayPal and Venmo is a much cleaner product.

As I said above… It is “cleaner” because Venmo was never intended to be used for Business transactions, and is still frowned upon today. This is why the ‘holds’ and restrictions.

There are no holds. I have my money in 24 hours. Frowned on by who? You state that you accept cash. Isn’t that frowned on ?

Cash is in hand immediately.

Government is cracking down on those that use those apps to transfer money.

As Dave Ramsey says Cash is King Baby! Everywhere I go still takes cash.

6 Likes

Venmo users unhappy after learning about new legal requirement

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

2 Likes

Biden “The rich must pay their fair share”
Biden policy - immediately goes after the little guy.

4 Likes

Venmo users screwed themselves by trying to use a P2P system for business transactions hoping to avoid the business related fees.
Now they are ‘busted’ and will pay in spades for their greed!!

3 Likes

IMO, venmo, zelle, cash app etc. were just convenient cash alternatives. Users will immediately avoid the $600 transaction threshold and the IRS will have nothing.

Furthermore, I think the IRS knows this and this reporting really has not much to do with cash collection, but likely just another electronic monitor of our private banking. (and possibly tax collection where they can sweep all of your accounts for payment)

1 Like

I keep mine under the mattress (not telling which one though)

Haha…likely the one closet to the “peacemaker” :gun:

1 Like