Stackable washer and dryer in the kitchen?

I have a stackable washer and dryer in a kitchen. That not really the problem, The problem is the vent does not go outside. It goes into a water collection trap. Is that ok for a kitchen?

That type of termination is not recommended for any location. Particularly, if the Dryer is a gas-fired appliance due to the CO hazard that will be present.

Those things are garbage. They are sold as a way to use the heat from the dryer. The instructions tell you to put water in it to collect the lint. They add allot of moisture to the home and can promote mold growth.

If it is gas they are trying to kill someone.

Even though as said above they add humidity and lint in and all over the utility closet they are accepted for electric and needed in many high rises where vents simply can not be installed.
Condensate units just suck.
Hopefully they have a hood vent in the kitchen as that at least would help with the humidity issue.

Looks like you have an electric unit from the picture and if above another unit should have included a drain pan to prevent damage below from washer damage if it should overflow or spill.

Are these considered condensing (ductless) dryers? If not does not IBC M1501.1 apply?

What is presented in the photo is not a Condensing / Ventless Dryer.
The Installation is inappropriate whether Electric or Gas (Natural or LP).

Condensing units have no vents as they just tumble dry basically and take forever.Cost a lot to.

Please read that to us and then certify that it is enacted at this township.:slight_smile:
Or are you expecting us to jump up to flip pages somewhere like in church.LOL.

Under the attic insulation, where the warm moist air will be entering the cold Denver winter air as it enters through the celing penetrations and condenses, you might find some interesting organic growth.

I don’t agree that there would be a CO issue if the dryer were an electric dryer, however, since the dryer is “inhaling” and “exhaling” in the same room. It’s improper venting would not create the negative pressure that it would if it were actually being properly vented to the outdoors.

I would estimate, however, that at least a gallon of water was being pumped into the air in the room with each load that was dried.

ahhhh
see that you have amended your post
that is ok…

I do, but I do not see where a dryer drawing air and then venting it in the same room would create a negative pressure that would draw flue gases back into the room. It is an electric dryer. I revised my earlier post where I had said “gas” instead of electric. You would not vent a gas dryer indoors under any conditions. Thanks for pointing that out.

Moisture, in this case, is the big issue IMO.

[quote=“jbushart, post:9, topic:57525”]

I don’t agree that there would be a CO issue if it were a gas dryer,…

[quote]

??

so you would approve and acknowledge the appropriateness of this installation when inspected with electric dryers?

IMAG2435.jpg

I would call it out as a source of moisture that either has (after I checked the attic) or could create conditions that would be conducive to destructive organisms or insects.

You should read your links
before you post them…

"Do I have to vent my dryer to the outside?

Yes, because it meets ALL dryer manufacturer recommendations."

I install this type unit on our dryer every time we have prolonged snow here in the NW. During our cold snows, the interior humidity lowers to about 15% which is not healthy. This unit keeps the humidity at an even and comfortable level of about 38-40%. There is no dripping on the walls or floor. Once normal humidity levels return, it is disconnected and stored until the next use. 21 years in this home, no mold.

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/homes/hip-combustion.html#Vent clothes dryers to the outside

"Vent clothes dryers to the outside.
*Always vent clothes dryers directly outside. *
In addition to combustion products produced by gas dryers, all dryers generate large amounts of moisture](http://www.epa.gov/iaq/homes/hip-moisture.html) and particulates which should be vented out of the house before they have the opportunity to create problems."

In any home where children may be experiencing dust, pet dander or mold allergy, interior ventilation of Laundry Dryers (not designed for such application) should not be condoned and should be investigated / remediated to provide exterior ventilation.

Maybe you should read my posts before you attack them. I did not condone venting a dryer to the inside. You need to chill.

You modified your posts…
I merely pointed out the inconsistencies from recommended practices that you had not previously acknowledged…

so you would still acknowledge
the appropriateness
of this interior box for Electric Dryers?