Strong-Drive® SD Screw for Structural Connectors
Simpson Strong-Tie introduces the SD Strong-Drive® load-rated screw for use with our structural connectors. Designed to replace nails in certain products, the SD9 and SD10 have been designed, tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong-Tie® products. In certain applications screws are easier and more convenient to install than nails, and the single-fastener load values achieved by the SD screws exceed those of typical 10d common or 16d common nails. In addition, the galvanized coating makes the SD screw ideal for interior and most exterior conditions.
The SD screw features an optimized shank which is specifically designed to match the fastener holes in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors. The hex head virtually eliminates cam-out and helps avoid stripping of the head. The sharp point of the screw enables fast starts, and the serrated threads reduce torque for improved drivability.
SD Screws for Use with Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors:
- Tested and approved for use in many popular Simpson Strong-Tie connectors for interior and most exterior applications
- The single-fastener load capacity of the SD9 exceeds the capacity of a 10d common nail, while the single-fastener load capacity of the SD10 exceeds that of the 16d common nail
- Ideal for use in tight spaces where using a hammer is inconvenient
- Optimized heat-treating for ductility, strength and reduced hydrogen embrittlement concerns
- Mechanically-galvanized coating meets ASTM B695 Class 55, is recommended for use with certain preservative-treated woods and is compliant with the 2006 International Residential Code® (R319.3) and 2009 International Residential Code (R317.3.1)
http://www.nachi.org/graphics/products/SD-Screw-designed-for-connectors-icon-trans.gif Learn more about the Strong-Drive SD Screw for Structural Connectors](http://www.nachi.org/products/connectors/screws-loadrated.asp)
Visit the Strong-Drive SD Screw product page to learn all about the SD Screws and the connectors they can be used with.</SPAN>