Study guide for proctored exams

Hi everyone, I have completed the required courses for pre-licensing and I wanted to know if anyone has a study guide or advice on how to study for the proctored exams?

Also there was no info I could find on the supervised test inspection that you need to complete? Can you bring tools, a device with inspection software, Internachi’s HI checklist?

Any advice would be great.


Simon Lichty

Strike 1… Where are you located, and WHICH Exam are you referring to? There are a few, and they may be similar, but are all different!

Just curious, if you are working towards getting your license, how do you have the CPI designation?

Welcome back to our forum, Simon!..Enjoy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I have CPI designation because I have finished the required courses from InterNACHI. That does not make me a licensed inspector tho, I need to complete the 2 proctored exams and test inspection before I become licensed for Alberta. Is this correct?

I am located in Alberta, Canada. I am referring to this:

To attain a Home Inspector license in Alberta, you must:

  • Complete an application for Service Alberta (details);
  • Take two proctored examinations (for a fee set by the proctor); and
  • Complete one supervised test inspection (for a fee set by the proctor).
1 Like

Got it, I was licensed in my state before I joined InterNACHI.

1 Like

Sounds like they are Alberta exams. Internachi has nothing to do with those. As stated in the link you posted, contact an Alberta approved Proctor directly to answer your questions as you are now dealing with Alberta and not Internachi!

1 Like