Superbowl Fever

The lion statues at the entrance to the Chicago Art Institute got their new helmets this morning. The helmets they wore from the last Superbowl were made from Weber BBQ grills. These are molded plastic.:cool:

P1310090 (Small).JPG

P1310091 (Small).JPG

GO BEARS

Nice helmet, to bad you Bears fans will be crying on Monday:sad:

We’ll see.:stuck_out_tongue:

GO BEARS!!!

The "Monsters of The Midway " will dominate over the Hoosiers.

***'Da Bears!! ***
***go get 'em boys! ***

Truthfully (speaking as a lifelong Bears fan), I think Indy has the better team overall. However, their D-Line is pretty porous, IMO. If the Bears can establish (and maintain) the run game and the defense can keep a reasonable amount of pressure on Manning to get rid of the ball quickly, I think we can squeak by. Sadly, I have little if any confidence in Rex or the Bears’ secondary in this game. Look for a high-scoring contest either way.

P.S. I’m making a 5-gallon pot of seagood gumbo. :slight_smile:

I heard on the radio today that they weren’t allowed to refer to it as “The Superbowl”. They had to refer to it as “The Big Game” Why is that? Is this some more of politicallly correct sh_t !

GO Bears!!!

Colts =

Count
On
Loosing
The
Superbowl

So let it written so let it be done…

The only way the Bears would do better was if Ditka was still coaching. :slight_smile:
But Lovie has done a great job. I can’t wait til Sunday. They certainly deserve another Superbowl (aka Big Game) under their belt. and hey, maybe this team will revise the Superbowl Shuffle!! :slight_smile:

The NFL retains a very strict copyright on the trademarked term “Super Bowl” so they can license (i.e. sell) advertising and promotional tie-ins. Any company referring to the game for commercial purposes that is not officially lining the pockets of the NFL must use another term (e.g. “Big Game,” “Championship Game,” etc.) or run the risk of copyright infringement.

Colts =

C[size=4]ount
[size=7]On[/size]
Loosing
The
Superbowl
[/size]
So let it written so let it be done…

I hate to say it, but Ditka was highly overrated as a coach. The real credit for the Bears’ '85 success was defensive coach Buddy Ryan, his d-squad and the ever-dependable, awe-inspiring performance of Walter Payton (R.I.P.).

At the risk of raising the ire of my fellow Bears fans (many of whom look upon Ditka as some sort of coaching legend), he was not only a mediocre coach - but having met him several times - he’s also extremely arrogant and unpleasant to be around.

My subjective two cents, of course. :slight_smile:

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Chicago Bears fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they are Bears fans too. Not really knowing what a Bears fan was, but wanting to be liked
by their teacher, their hands fly into the air.

There is, however, one exception. Susie has not gone along with the crowd.

The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. “Because I’m not
a Bears fan” she reports.

“Then,” asks the teacher," What are you?"

“I’m an Indianapolis Colts fan” boasts the little girl. The teacher asks
Susie why she is a Colts fan. “Well, my Dad and Mom are Colts fans, so I’m
a Colts fan too” she responds.

“That’s no reason,” the teacher says. “What if your mom was a moron, and
your dad was an idiot. What would you be then?”

Susie smiles and says, “Then I’d be a Chicago Bears fan.”

GO COLTS

Thanks Eric. I never heard anyone before not refering to it as the Super Bowl but that makes sense.

Two boys are playing hockey on a pond in a Chicago Park when a crazed Rottweiler suddenly attacks one of the boys. Thinking quickly, the other boy takes his hockey stick, shoves it under the dog’s collar, twists it and breaks the dog’s neck, saving his friend.

A reporter is standing by, sees the incident, and rushes over to interview the boy. “Young Cub Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal,” he starts writing in his notebook. “But I’m not a Cubs fan,” the little boy replies. “Sorry, but since we’re in Chicago, I just assumed you were,” says the reporter and starts writing again. “Sox Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack,” he writes in his notebook. “But I’m not a Sox fan either,” the little boy replies. “Sorry, but since we’re in Chicago, I just assumed you were,” says the reporter and

starts writing again. “Bears Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack,” he writes in his notebook. “I’m not a Bears fan either,” says the boy. "Oh… I assumed everyone

in Chicago was either for the Cubs, Sox or Bears. What team do you root for?" the reporter asked.

“I’m a Colts fan,” the boy replies. The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes: “Little Ba*tard From Indiana Kills Beloved Family Pet”

This little guy was on our back deck this morning :slight_smile:
The fever is everywhere!!!
[FONT=Arial]GO COLTS!!![/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial]

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LARRYE~1.CLA/LOCALS~1/Temp/Untitled01.jpg

[/FONT]

This little guy was on our back deck this morning :slight_smile:
The fever is everywhere!!!
[FONT=Arial]GO COLTS!!![/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]!cid_X_MA1_1170244883@aol.jpg[/FONT]