Supra Key

Originally Posted By: pdacey
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

How many HIs have a Supra Key? Is it worth getting?

Is there some way NACHI could offer Supra key leases?

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Mike Parks

IMHO if the Realtor is to damn lazy to make sure that I can get in I tell the buyers.

I tell the buyers that it is their, or their Realtors, responsiblity to have the home "open".

For the amount of money a Realtor gets you would think that they could open a door.

Mike P.

Originally Posted By: rwills

Patrick, Depends upon your individual needs, In my area, almost every inspection I do has a lockbox. I also perform radon testing on more than 80% of my inspections which requires two trips, therefore, a SupraKey is a must for me.

Bob Wills - MAB Chairman

BW Inspection Services

Warminster, Pa.

http://www.bwinspections.com

Originally Posted By: kluce

Ask about the price. I would have to put out $600 to get the card to get into houses.

Originally Posted By: pgudek

Patrick, It is definetly a must for me. I doubt NACHI can help with this. They are different for every area. I have to carry two of them. My Houston area one does not work in the College Station area.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

I’ll stay away from the Supra. Home Inspector access is not required here in Massachusetts.

The listing Realtor is always on site to gain (Supra) access to the house for myself and the potential buyer and the buyers Realtor. They are always on time and never had a problem as of today. There are very few that are running late but by the time I walk my client through the exterior Inspection, the Realtor arrives.

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: pdacey

Well, I have a realtor who’s been throwing a lot of work my way. Her office has a policy that they are not allowed to stay for the inspection, a liability thing. She asked today if I had one. I’ve been thinking about it but it never came up as an issue before. I’d hate to loose her business just because of the key, which I really don’t think will happen.

I just wanted to see what everyone had to say about it.

Thanks guys.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: jmertins

I feel it is one more tool that adds to the ability to be able to do that many more inspections. It is a cover up for a lazy realtor at times but it only makes me look that more dependable, professional, and adds to my ability to do VOLUME inspections because I can go into vacant houses as early as 7:30 in the morning. The cost will cover itself the first month b/c realtors will remember you have a KEY!!!

Originally Posted By: dkeough

I am not sure, but I think Nick said he could help in this area if someone was not able to get it.

Ask Nick

Originally Posted By: jwalker

Patrick,

I cannot do business without it here in North Texas!

Maybe a call to Supra Is warranted? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

1 Yr Ins!

--
James Walker

Our Service Is A Long Term Investment!

OneSource Real Estate Inspections
DFW, Texas
www.dfwhomeinspector.com

Originally Posted By: eporter

$600 for a Supra Key???

Wow, that certainly seems like a lot. It costs me $150 per year for membership (affiliate) to the local Realtor Association, plus $65.00 for a year Supra Key lease.

For me, it’s a no-brainer. My time is money. The last thing I want to be is dependant on a Realtor showing up on time. I have the key, I can get in and get started.

------------------------------------------------

“Inspecting this home like I’m buying it myself.”

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI