Tape sticking out of brick wall.

Had an inspection on a new construction house finished a few months ago. Seen what looks like duct tape showing in a few areas. Can anyone give me some insight on this.? Has anyone ever seen this before?[ATTACH][ATTACH]

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

You’re in the land of basements so I expect that the weephole is at the level of the basement wall (top of the wall) in the lower wall picture but you would have to confirm that. From the placement of the material below the weepholes I would expect it to be flashing materials that have been brought to the surface of the wall as they are suppose to be. Not sure why they ran the one at the window one wythe higher than any lintel over the window?

Well its flashing but I would expect to see that over the top trim and sill area. But I think its to direct the water to the weephole location.

They looked like scored stucco bricks to me. Could have been for a guide to score?

Paul is correct above.
It is a window head brick end dam to prevent water to fall in the main brick cavity and possibly find a way to the window jamb and cause leakage. It diverts it back to the weep holes above the windows.

]/COLOR]

0066s.jpg

Paul is correct above.
It is a window head brick end dam to prevent water to fall in the main brick cavity and possibly find a way to the window jamb and cause leakage. It diverts it back to the weep holes above the windows.

Similar to this here;

masonry-detailing-series-v34-41-638.jpg

Marcel you do not think they look scored?

No, they are not scored stucco.

Josh, this is how they do it. Heartland always seems to leave it hanging out, and I have seen it on the Ryan homes too. It self-adheres, and hen they try to stick it to the concrete it never works and falls off later.

Its not stucco you putz…:mrgreen:

Go buy another man purse…:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Only a coach :slight_smile:

I would look really close because the margins are not like a brick “even” they look scored in the photo to me. I could tell for sure if I was there.

I can tell for sure from my living room.:stuck_out_tongue:

Why is the finish coming off the brick already?

Young eyes :slight_smile: