Tell me what is wrong with this picture

And the rest does not bother you?

Ahhh Sooo:D

Yes Bob all of that other crap does bother me and I report it all I was just trying to play a game as usual.

Oh BTW I have another game in mind will post it another day so get your thinking cap on

Hehe
What is that insulation ?

Blown cellulose

Charley you know as well as I do that wearing my thinking cap (if I can even find it) hurts my head. :smiley:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraham http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/buttons/viewpost.gif
Humidifer should be on return not supply

Charley is that your final answer?

Exhibit A

Looks like single wall flue.

The trunk appears to be uninsulated duct

I’m buying? That’s not fair. :smiley:

Does your mist sprayer look like a Aprilaire;);-):smiley:

I have an AprilAire on the return side of my furnace.:shock:

I was simply pointing out that plate types are installed in the supply plenum.

What type is the one in your photo?

Apirilaire

Charley,

Try breathing the empty BUG bomb!

Perforated strap screwed into the B vent.

There is a leak at the roof penetration above the humidifier. And yes, the humidifier is on the supply side rather than the return, but more important, it is at the end of the plenum with no airflow past the unit.

Aprilaire 220 fan powered humidifier can be mounted on return or supply duct. Humidistat control must be installed no closer than 6 inches upstream of the humidifier.

That is an Aprilaire model #112 installed on what appears to be an extended plenum. (might possibly be the smaller version - model #110 but I don’t think so)
It looks to be installed as per manufactures instructions from what I can tell.

They were supposed to be installed on the supply air duct since cold water needs warm air.
I’ve installed plenty just like that myself.

The only thing I can see is the possibility of water damage in the event of it’s drain stopping up or maybe the freezing pipe possibility as mentioned if it gets that cold up there.