Tennessee - Volunteer Country

I received mine today after speaking with Ms Kennedy on the 27th to resolve an issue, my number is 32. If what I understand is correct, as of July 1 you must have a license to work as a home inspector, there is either going to be a lot of work for those licensed or a lot of people breaking the law.

Hard to imagine just 100. Some folks may not realize the requirement if they’re not plugged into an information source like NACHI. I got my license yesterday #0000002. There goes the vanity plate. No one wants to be “#2INSPECT”:stuck_out_tongue: </IMG>

Two, that is great, I wonder who number 1 is…

Actually I would have never given a thought to who has #1 if I didn’t have #2. In the end, it just doesn’t matter. Just a little fun, when I should be working. :wink:

Very True, I actually have mine in hand today, the mail ran a few minutes ago, after I came in from this mornings inspection.

I’m #40.

They spelled my name wrong. :-o

Here are the licensed inspectors in the state, I think there may be alot of illegal activity going on…???

](http://state.tn.us/commerce/reports/index.html)

http://licsrch.state.tn.us/Default.aspx

Not much of a list compared to the phone book. Heck, not much of a list compared to “Find an Inspector”. Hopefully the list will grow quickly as the applications are processed.

:slight_smile:

Play nice :wink: :wink:

Wonder what is holding them up. Insurance or the test, maybe not enough inspections or the education. :roll:

Who knows they are plenty of reason.:wink: :wink:
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

It’s just that some folks may end up referring an unlicensed inspector to a client and with this litigious society and all, well just anything at all could happen. [size=3]Why my goodness the Department of Commerce and Insurance can seek criminal prosecution against those it finds are operating or practicing without a license. It can also seek an injunction to prohibit further unlicensed activities.Some folks may not have known of these pitfalls and …:wink: [/size]

$1,000 per day, per incident.

I had a real estate agent inform me that she rejected a home inspection report on her listing because the inspector’s license number wasn’t posted on the report. Now that’s going to raise some eyebrows! I wonder if the client will get their money back!

Called a state official and questioned them about inspection license, an established business that will b egrandfathered has until Dec 28th to fulfill the requirements, be careful in the information you pass along…

The way I read the rules is you can be grandfather in for 180 days after July first. But to do an inspection you need a license, not planing on getting one latter.

Now can I do an inspection now if I plan on applying for a license in Dec. What if I do not get a license.:twisted:
</IMG>

Jackie, you should send an email to Carol Kennedy and see what her reply is. MY understanding that is the cut off date for grndfathering. BUT, you cannot do an inspection after July 1, without a license. I am sure she will write you back on the subject.

That would also fall under “pending” wouldn’t it? I did not see your name on the list, are you applying?

yes, our problem, we have been in business since 88, so we are old farts and having trouble finding our high school diplomas/transcripts …days before compuer files!

Let’s not confuse the issue with the facts! :o “Grandfathering” has nothing to with the requirement to be licensed as a home inspector as of 7-1-06.:frowning: No if’s, and’s, or but’s- no exceptions for how long you’ve been inspecting or how old you are. If you’re inspecting, you need a license ever since July 1st, 2006. Pass this information along to anyone and everyone, you’re helping avoid future litigation for realtors, clients, and fellow inspectors.

224 and counting.

From the way the law reads John is correct. ANYONE DOING HOME INSPECTIONS NOW, MUST BE LICENSED. You have until the end of December,to be grandfathered.:cool:

Everyone should let all of their realtors know to have a licensed inspector.
My we could have NACHI send an email to the TN realtors.

Have mine #126:p
</IMG></IMG>