The biggest advertising mistake often made by inspectors.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I just wanted to warn everyone not to make the most common advertising mistake I notice on brochures and sometimes websites.

Many home inspectors "fill" their brochure with reasons to have a home inspection. This is a mistake for 2 reasons:

1. You are spending money promoting our entire industry, rather than distinguishing yourself. You are wasting precious space promoting you and your competitors equally. While you're convincing everyone to hire a home inspector...your competitors are convincing everyone to hire them.

2. If someone has picked up your brochure, opened it, and is reading it...they are likely already going to hire an inspector. Stop preaching to the choir. At this point...you don't have to sell them on a home inspection, you have to sell them on YOUR home inspection service.

Nick

PS I am happy to look and comment on any member's brochure if you send it to me at NACHI.

Originally Posted By: jhorton

gromicko wrote:
Stop preaching to the choir. At this point...you don't have to sell them on a home inspection, you

AMEN!
![icon_mrgreen.gif](upload://tbe1CncrrOs48cXpHvziOT8r0T3.gif)

--
Jeff <*\\><
The man who tells the truth doesn't have to remember what he said.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Nick,

How about assistance in designing my brochure. I have been playing with my brochure designs and intros for 3 months now and cannot format it properly.

Any recommendations? ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I have a small section on an inside panel of my brochure which says “why hire an inspector?”, and then explains what we do. I do this because we market not only to realtors, but also to sellers, banks and mortgage companies. The mortgage companies especially stress the importance of an inspection, because many times the buyers have declined an inspection while dealing with their Realtor. or are buying a new home and don’t even know about inspections. I’m sure that the builder will tell them to get an inspector though icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Blaine