The disappearing Post trick

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hey,

If this is the last stronghold of democracy and free speech that Nick would have me believe it is, why are my posts getting deleted from this unmoderated board? I've heard from others who tell me their posts are getting edited.

Why don't you just ban me from the board instead?

Jim Morrison
Princeton, MA

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Jim:

Think about it for a second. I am the industry's biggest advocate for free speach message boards. If I had the power to delete your posts, I'd have the power to ban you, and have the power to have a message board closed to non-members.

Your ability to make this post on our message board says it all... no?

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Jim Morrison wrote:

Why don't you just ban me from the board instead?

Jim Morrison
Princeton, MA

We can use the comic relief provided by your perverted views. Keep 'em coming. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Nick,

You are the head man of this organization. If you do not want posts to be deleted than why do you allow it?

Erol Kartal
I Speak In Peace ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

I’m no longer the head of NACHI and haven’t been in some time. It may appear that way only because I am in charge of the announcements, PR, and this site’s maintenance. I also do many of NACHI’s events. This confuses non-members into thinking I call the shots but I don’t. If I did we wouldn’t even have a members-only section of this message board let alone any moderating.

Hate to burst your bubble, but your argument isn't with me. My opinions on moderation and censorship are very well documented. On this issue, I'm with Jim Morrison... and everyone but Jim seems to know it.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Guest

Nick,

I never said you did it. I have no way of knowing who did it, but the fact is: you own the store. I don't even care who did it, or why-that's beside the point. I just think it would be best for all concerned if someone simply stood up and banned me, rather than just delete my posts and alter others. The current situation reflects poorly on home inspectors everywhere.

Jim Morrison
Princeton, MA

It looks like your posts are sticking. Say what you will.

I'll tell you a little secret though....

If you post something ridiculously incorrect, general, or a personal attack. I'll ignore it and make it appear that you are crying about our success by saying something most members know to be untrue.

If you post a something distorted or partly true, I'll correct you with a reply that also touts NACHI while I'm at it. Our thread wil become a pseudo NACHI ad.

If you post some criticism that has merit, I'll work to correct and fix the problem at NACHI, and NACHI will evolve and get stronger because of it.

Either way... it's a win-win-win for NACHI

![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Elaine Schlameelitis

My posts were all deleted …within the hour…

As this one will be too...good thing I copied them all and emailed them to members to view before they were deleted.....

That is a good thing.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Send it to some non-members while you're at it... NACHI needs some more members in the New England area.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again... when your product or service is 20 times better than your competitors (as NACHI's is)... all publicity is good publicity.

Elaine is my sister... I confess.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Quote:
good thing I copied them all and emailed them to members to view before they were deleted.....

Really? Do you hold your drivel in such high regard that we should feel blessed that you saved it for us?

It's a shame few of us share your elevated opinion of your work. ![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

Elaine and Jim are actually co-chairs of our secret membership drive committee.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I just wish I had a Jim Morrison in every state, bashing and blogging away at NACHI. In Jim’s home state of NY, NACHI has 8 local chapters, NACHI-friendly licensing, a roving NACHI home inspection school, NACHI’s ADRS http://www.nachiadrs.com , our E&O insurance portal http://www.nachi.org/eo.htm a popular state website www.nynachi.org and 342 members.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Nick,

It's Jim's ugly sister, Chad, who lives in New York helping the NACHI cause. Morrison lives in Massachusetts until such time his dad chooses to relocate the business. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Nick,

Aren't you just a bit curious who is deleting those posts? Like him, I would be more concerned with who was deleting posts on a "freedom of speech" message board, rather than with who's posts they are, that are actually disappearing!

--
Joe Myers
A & N Inspections, Inc.
http://anii.biz

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I agree. Just about every forum in the world has a designated moderator. The name of the moderator is not held in secrecy.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: jwortham

And how do we know they are disappearing other than his statements telling us they are gone?

How do I know he just didn't miss the submit button?

Or that he is nothing more than a rabble rouser trying to get an argument started?

One person, and a non-member at that, claiming censorship, is not a conspiracy. It's a technical glitch. Or an out-right lie. I know which one I think it is!

jwortham wrote:
And how do we know they are disappearing other than his statements telling us they are gone?

Excellent point, sir.

I know of only a few of our members who would act upon the word of a few non-members committed to discrediting our association, without some kind of proof.

Here we have a non-member using a fictitious name complaining of unfairness in having his/her anonymous posts deleted - along with a non-member who conceals his identity in order to access the "Members Only" part of our board to misquote posts that serve his purpose on a blog.

Gimme a break.

![icon_rolleyes.gif](upload://iqxt7ABYC2TEBomNkCmZARIrQr6.gif)

--

www.monachi.org

I can’t think straight on this issue. This whole message board got started years ago when that ASHI stooge Hannigan banned me from InspectionNaziNews while I was trying to help his visitors raise their prices. I’ll never forget Bagdhad Brian predicting that if NACHI started its own competing message board that it would never see its 100th post. Of course that was 143,074 posts ago. Anyway, I have too much personal history regarding this subject to think straight… so I’m out of here.

You all know my opinion.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Jeffrey:

Nick's directive has always been that all areas of the NACHI BB should be Open and Unmoderated.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

jhagarty wrote:
Jeffrey:

Nick's directive has always been that all areas of the NACHI BB should be Open and Unmoderated.

And as Jeff has pointed out, we have only the word of the "MO" stalker and an anonymous trouble maker that it is not. Until some credible person offers credible proof to the contrary, I agree that these accusations fall right in line with the rest of the crazy antics of our beloved bashers.

--

www.monachi.org