Thermal Imaging

Love the web page. Did you go to the class?

Correct. 2004 Carrier Cat 4 furnace.

Not really needed for the inspection, but impressed the heck out of the client.

I am going to attend a class.

Will brought his new gadget to our Chicago Chapter meeting…

Very impressive, very scary too:D

He was scanning the room for defects, He found some in chapter members…:D:D:D:D

Not only was the sensitivity incredible but to actually see pizza being digested (or not) in some people…:D:D:D:D was a bit to much…

Will
If they had a “B.S.” detector option on that thing you could use in on site checking developers, realtors, contractors every day;-)

Patrick, You forgot codes officials, and politicians.:mrgreen:

I am so tempted to respond with some other names. But I won’t.

Anyone interested, call me.

Will,

How is your new tool working out?

I am interested in what applications you come up with.
How is the marketing progressing?

Hi James.

I am NACHI certified and run a ground Penetrating radar and thermal imaging inspection business out of Salina, Ks. One of the things we have been talking about on here for a while is the expense, training and experience issues related to thermal imaging for home inspectors. What I am wanting to concentrate on is the thermal imaging inspection of houses, more so than the full mechanical inspections. Something you might consider is what I have proposed to other inspectors. Recommend/hire my services; add my services to their bill +10% or 20% for themselves and save the outlay necessary to get a good camera and the necessary training. Basically I would walk through the inspection with you, taking and storing images as necessary to build a report which you could then include with yours or I can send separately. I can have my report ready usually the same day, some processing time is sometimes necessary to get the full value out of the images.

My feable attempt tp get rid of canadian BS

ITC Inframation news letter is great info on all types of thermal imaging from users of it from around the world. Doug

P.S Not all of us Canadians are full of BS.

Would a thermal imaging camera detect water flowing through a septic system and out into the field ? What if you ran hot water for like 10 minutes ?

Jeffrey, It is possible the thermal imaging camera would pick it up. A lot of factors though, length of line, depth, material, you would have to run hot (or cold on a hot day) long enough to affect the temperature of the ground surface. Would only need a temp change of a 10th of a degree or less depending on camera.

You might ask Greg Stockton.

http://buildscanir.com/index.php

Provided for entertainment and education purposes only watch the 7.23 MG video and you will see how sensative these instruments are:

http://www.imaging1.com/razir.html