Thermal/MSX

Hey guys got a question. I have a FLIR T420bx and the issue is the thermal image and the visible image are not “jiving” so to speak, the MSX and the thermal blending look like crap because of it, they don’t line up. This seems to be a recent development as going through past images/reports they looked much better. Any ideas/suggestions?

Contact your service rep. Hopefully you bought from a rep who cares about customer support. Keep us posted on what happens.

Probably parallax due to the two lenses not being on the same axis. The imager should compensate for it if the focus distance is correct. The effect should diminish as the distance to target increases.

I would contact FLIR Tech support and ask if it can be end user adjusted or calibrated.

There’s an adjustment on many Flir models that you can change to adjust the MSX (distance, range, etc.) . Look in your menu or settings, I don’t have mine in front of me right now.

Dom.

Thanks guys, I will dig into it a little more and see if I can improve it. I am sure it is something minor.