Three daughters, and pround of them all!

Well, my “little one” made a big step in her life, today. Sworn in to the United States Marine Corp. Amanda is the furthest one in the first row.

So, my oldest made me a Grandfather, my middle one is starting her 3rd year at the U.S. Naval Academy and my youngest is a Marine (at least a recruit).

Girls, these days. Go figure.

Congrats Will, something to be proud of. And by the way, why is she so short compare to her Father?:mrgreen::wink:

Be proud Will !

My wife is short. She comes up to my chest, usually about 3 times a day :mrgreen:.

Amanda is about 5’ 11". Not too short for a girl.

I am pround of them, not myself.

Proof of G-d’s existance that they did so well when they had a Father like me.

Go figure.

:mrgreen: Just be proud of them Will. They don’t stay home long. And they all bring us a few that make us even prouder, Grandkids. Joy of life. :slight_smile:

Good things about your kids going into the military:

• You save on college tuition.
  • They are very unlikely to move back in with you after college.
  • The service Academies are not liberal captured schools, they are very likely to get a good education.
  • To hekc woth ADT or Brinks! You are much less likely to get briken into when your house has a “This house protected by the United States Marine Corp.” sign out front.
  • Parents get PX proces on large ticket items. 61" wide screen, here I come! (Just wish the PX sold thermal imaging cameras.).
  • Serviceman’s discounts mean more inspections! Remember, these guys move every 2 years or so. Advertising through the parent’s clubs is great!
  • I finally get one of their bedrooms for an office and can move out of the basement.
  • MUCH LESS make-up, bras, “feminine products”, etc. to wade through when I want to take a shower in the morning.
  • The wife and I get the WHOLE HOUSE to ourselves.
  • My oldest just LOVES here new “My little sisters can kick your a**” Marine T-shirt.
  • Finally, it helps to keep me humble, thankful and prayerful.

Hope this helps;

I know the feeling Will, I have two daughters myself

May the L-rd bless you, keep you and make His face to shine upon you.

And may he guard you from large amounts of women in your house.

My Grandaughter, Rebekka, is only 18 months old, but she already knows how to “deal with Grandpa”. Her parents have been teaching her “baby sign lanuguage” and she, pretty much, has taken this as a sign to not speak. She signs, very fluently, for everything. Food. Poops. Diaper. Hungry. NO!!! Her disaproval, etc.

She only “speaks” to her parent’s two beagles (as pants), but she does say “Boom Pa”, which my daughter says is her word for me (that, and a sign off her forehead followed by the sign for “poop”, which I have reserched as “Father of my Father”, a signs word for Grandfather, followed for the signs of “bad air”, i.e. flatulance). So, her understanding of me is “Father of my father, who farts, even though you are the father of my Mother who never farts, but my Dad does and that is all I got! You figure it out!” Very perceptive kid, don’t you think?
Eloise (her mother, my daughter) says that it is because “you always seem to eat Mexican food before you come over”.

Indeed!

18 months old and already she has my style.

(I wonder what Eloise will say when I take ‘Bekka’ our for chili dogs? Heeee he! That’s a plan!)

:wink:

Semper fi

Congrats Will.

Semper Fi Will. She’s in great hands. i served 25 years ago. WOW, getting old. My older son is home on leave now (Chair Force, I mean Air Force before he goes to Korea. She will deffently learn how to take care of herself.

Wil,
I have been off of the message board for some time and I just saw your post.
[size=3]From this day forward your daughter will be included in my daily prayer.
[/size][size=5][size=3]“God,
Please bless our American servicemen and women. Most especially those serving in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other countries where people would seek to harm them.
Please grant them; courage, faith, clarity of mind, clarity of vision, and quick physical reactions.”

[/size][/size]

Thanks, Frank. I really appriciate it.

BTW: Do you know what Amanda and Elizabeth say that ARMY stands for?

Aren’t Real Marine’s Yet. :mrgreen:

okay funny guy… here is something for your daughter to tell the drill sergeants:p

A Homeless Marine Drill Sergeant’s funeral . . .

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless Marine Drill Sergeant. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper’s cemetery in the Kentucky back country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn’t stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch.

I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place.

I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I’ve never played before for this homeless Marine Drill Sergeant. And as I played ‘Amazing Grace,’ the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.

As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say,…
“I never seen nothin’ like that before and I’ve been putting in septic tanks for twenty years.”

Apparently I’m still lost…:wink:

Congrats Will! My oldest son is planning on joining the Air Force when he graduates in May.